Rivington Barn

Paul Young

Under-used member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've a couple of hours pass-out approved for tomorrow morning... Anyone heading up to Rivvie...?

May give the Harley an airing unless it's rain stop play.
Yes I know.:comfort

Bottom barn tomorrow afternoon for tea and scowwns. It's going to be a glorious sunny day, therfore piss pot and tee shirt protective
clothing is the order of the day. Will ride over Belmont and back before settling down at the barn. What's not to like.

Bottom barn tomorrow afternoon for tea and scowwns. It's going to be a glorious sunny day, therfore piss pot and tee shirt protective
clothing is the order of the day. Will ride over Belmont and back before settling down at the barn. What's not to like.

I am over that way tomorrow, so where is this place you speak of and what time?

I am over that way tomorrow, so where is this place you speak of and what time?

Rivington (bottom) Barn, Rivington Ln, BL6 7SB Horwich, which is at the bottom of Winter Hill.

Will be getting there about 1.30/2.00.

Best route is the one brut33 mentions, over the tops from Belmont :thumb

Watch the average speed cameras now out of belmont I believe they are now fully active.

Just got home. Didn't notice that.:blast

There's one thing in my favour. I was on my Harley.:D...But thanks for the heads up.

Well, was it worth the visit?
Only been there once on a bank holiday and it was closed at the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two dozen attendees at the most. Chewed tha fat for a while with some of the regulars.
There's always an eclectic mix of bikes and characters despite the low numbers.
IMHO it's better than the Sunday meet at the top barn where hundreds of bikes is turn up.
It has more of a club/friendly feel about it. No bullshitters.

Saw a nice Beeza at the lower barn today, it started first kick as well.
Was glorious weather over Belmont on my way to Rivvi which is quite rare this time of the year. Making the most of it before it gets cold.

Attachments

• IMG_20221025_141320885_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221025_141320885_HDR.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_20221025_134256641_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221025_134256641_HDR.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 227
XL sausage rolls.
Not a particular favourite of mine but I'm glad my carer (FatAl of this parish) interviened to stop me asking for the
healthier option of ginger flapjacks. It turned out to be a good call.:)
Twas home made food heaven, and I can thoroughly recommend them to anyone calling here for a snack.:thumb2
Nice one Al.:beerjug: Especially as I forgot my wallet.:blast. I put it down to having the flu jab before we set off
enhancing my senior moment.:D

Attachments

• IMG_20221104_123559715_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221104_123559715_HDR.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 151
Stu, you forgot to add this gem....a 1925 998cc V-twin

Attachments

• vickers enfield at rivvy barn.jpg
    vickers enfield at rivvy barn.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 114
Stu, you forgot to add this gem....a 1925 998cc V-twin

I've only just noticed that it has centre stands on both the front and rear wheels. Never seen that on a bike before.

XL sausage rolls.
Not a particular favourite of mine but I'm glad my carer (FatAl of this parish) interviened to stop me asking for the
healthier option of ginger flapjacks. It turned out to be a good call.:)
Twas home made food heaven, and I can thoroughly recommend them to anyone calling here for a snack.:thumb2
Nice one Al.:beerjug: Especially as I forgot my wallet.:blast. I put it down to having the flu jab before we set off
enhancing my senior moment.:D

I better try one next time I'm there.:drool

Back
Top Bottom