Innovv K1.

Phill Elston

Rum Bosun
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I failed to get any replies to my previous post on this camera system so I went ahead and fitted mine in the way that seemed best and easiest... Though I MIGHT revise things in time.

My bike is a 2017 GSA LC Triple Black.

The Front camera I mounted on a custom made bracket above the headlight. I considered buying a bracket to fix the camera on the indicator stub, but I wanted to get a centre line POV in the shot... AND as I already had a sheet of 2mm aluminium, it cost me only the time it took to make.

The rear cam, I mounted on the rear near-side indicator stalk... that way it "shouldn't" get too dirty from the exhaust - HOPEFULLY!

I covered the openings on the GPS aerial with "transpa-seal" (Clear sticky-backed-plastic) and I've set that in the front right of the fairing.

I removed the centre section of the tank cover (2 x T25, 1 T30 bolts at the very front, 2 x T25 in the coin tray & 2 x T25 at the very rear of the tank cover - it then un-clips quite easily from the rear) I ran the wire from the camera along the left side weld of the tank seam, the GPS wire ran along the opposite side.

For now, I've mounted the DVR unit under the pillion seat, "waterproofing it" with a heavy duty clip-seal poly bag. To save the LCD screen getting dinked, I taped two pieces of UPVC plastic across the top.

I used the supplied 5V power converter, also fixing that under the pillion seat. All wires going to the DVR unit were fitted with ferrous ballast units that I bought on e-Bay. The trigger for the power supply was taken from a PDM60 unit that I fitted.

I have had to re-programme the DVR unit to recognise that the cameras have been "flipped" but that was pretty simple to do - even though the instructions that come with the camera system are near non-existent.

Tomorrows commute will be the proving ground for how the cameras perform on the home-made brackets... but I'm fairly confident they'll be OK.

I didn't bother with the supplied switch to control the cameras as I want them recording all the time.

Would I recommend this system? YES - as it's cheaper than many, unobtrusive and it covers front AND rear views.

Attachments

• IMG_1759 copy.jpg
    IMG_1759 copy.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 705
  • Tail.jpg
    Tail.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 650
  • Tail 2.jpg
    Tail 2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_1748.jpg
    IMG_1748.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 694
  • DVR site.jpg
    DVR site.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 667
be interested to know if you get any jello efect on the video due to vibes.

Do let us know how you get on with this.
I have had one for over a year now. When it works it's very good quality. But it frequently locks up and overheats. Daily resets and reformats seem to work but the saved files will eventually stop it overwriting.
Great price and customer service. Once it is fitted you (should be ) able to forget about it unless you need to access a file.
And it is discrete.

I'm hoping it won't overheat.

My secondary choice of positioning would be atop the ECU under the riders seat... But I thought that might actually be warmer.

Not sure they sell the C3 anymore?

Ummm.. Thank you... not..
This thread is for the INNOVV K1
The link only has C3s.
Thought it was cheap..

The post above mine said he wasn't sure they sold the C3s anymore hence my link.

Thanks anyway for the quote vRSG60... I might get one of those as a helmet cam!

be interested to know if you get any jello efect on the video due to vibes.

Leedude... Going to TRY to upload a front and rear view of part of my commute home. I don't think it's jello - despite the best efforts of the rural Wiltshire roads! The rear view cam IS covered in dirt so the picture quality isn't great. I'm wondering if cams that have given a "jello'd" effect were mounted on rubber "dampening"? My cameras are mounted without any rubber or foam

I cannot work out how to upload video files. If you look on Facebook Group "Adventure Bike Trail Riding UK" I posted two videos _ Front & Rear POV

Do let us know how you get on with this.
I have had one for over a year now. When it works it's very good quality. But it frequently locks up and overheats. Daily resets and reformats seem to work but the saved files will eventually stop it overwriting.
Great price and customer service. Once it is fitted you (should be ) able to forget about it unless you need to access a file.
And it is discrete.

Having done some research on the lock-ups, it would appear that they are generally caused by RF interference. Fitting (as I have) ferrite ballasts to the wires all but negates this problem. As for the overheating, that is a problem that I've yet to experience. In the mean time, I'll keep looking to find a solution to either fix or pre-empt that problem

I ordered one this week so hopefully next weekend I can spend trying to fit it. I have also read that rf is the most common cause of issues and easily sorted. I will upload some images and details once done.

They look like the ones I am going to fit. As it's going on an old RTP I should be able to install the gps and DVD in the top box.

Thanks anyway for the quote vRSG60... I might get one of those as a helmet cam!

Leedude... Going to TRY to upload a front and rear view of part of my commute home. I don't think it's jello - despite the best efforts of the rural Wiltshire roads! The rear view cam IS covered in dirt so the picture quality isn't great. I'm wondering if cams that have given a "jello'd" effect were mounted on rubber "dampening"? My cameras are mounted without any rubber or foam

I cannot work out how to upload video files. If you look on Facebook Group "Adventure Bike Trail Riding UK" I posted two videos _ Front & Rear POV

Had a look at your 2 short vids on facebook, and i can see what appears to be effects caused by vibration on the rear view camera as you are accelerating up to the crossing. thank you for posting.

Hi there,

I said a while ago that I would upload diagrams for the brackets that I made for my Innovv cameras. Wouldn't you know it, work got in the way!

Anyway... I've just added two pictures. When you see them, you'll understand that I'm NOT an engineering drawist!

Any questions - please ask me to clarify.

Before I forget... These were made to fit a GSA LC (Triple Black as it goes)

Attachments

• Front Cam Bracket Innovv K1.jpg
    Front Cam Bracket Innovv K1.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 289
  • Rear Cam Bracket Innovv K1.jpg
    Rear Cam Bracket Innovv K1.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 280
Hi. How does this cam deal with the side to side vibration of the boxer engine?

Back
Top Bottom