Navigator VI and Garmin Virb XE Camera

Also, what will you be using the footage and telemetry data for?

Training?
Work related?
Safety?

Whats your plan?
I'm using it for all sorts of things but mainly for the tours I take to Morocco... I currently use GoPro,s but I like the idea of controlling the vibe from nav6.. the number of times I have my go pro on and nothing to film so as soon as I turn it off something appears and I miss it.....hopefully I won't have that problem any longer as I've ordered one from amazon..£294.
Very informative write up you did..many thanks...

Garmin Virb XE

Ok, so I went out on an evening country ride on Wednesday with some friends and associates.

Video isn't spectacular in location or event, but I just wanted to show what the telemetry data looks like on the move.

It'll give you an idea what to expect when you decide to upload your bike data onto the Garmin Virb camera's

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bUliVCD8rXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Garmin Virb XE - Elevation

Here's a short video of me going over The Mynd in Church Stretton (Shropshire - England).

Its around 1000 feet decent, but video footage doesn't show that easily, so I added an elevation metric to the data.

You can swap and change the graphs, depending on your footage and what you want to show the viewer.

Imagine this data on your most epic journeys through mountains etc.

The Inlet Temperatures show the environment temps as they are the same. So in Winter when its minus 10, you'll be able to see that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jIjfpCHeHoQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As the viewer, do you think the video's are more involving for you with the telemetry data on screen?

What do you think?

:bow:bow:bow:bow

Warlord - Have to admit bloody jealous. Not tech person but really liked it. Wish my drift set up could do this. I like the Telem on screen.

Minor niggle for me would alt graph on mid left. Would want that rather than alt figure and distance numbers down below.

Great set up! If SWMBO will let me have the cash may be PM for further advice and copying it. Well done

:bow:bow:bow:bow

Warlord - Have to admit bloody jealous. Not tech person but really liked it. Wish my drift set up could do this. I like the Telem on screen.

Minor niggle for me would alt graph on mid left. Would want that rather than alt figure and distance numbers down below.

Great set up! If SWMBO will let me have the cash may be PM for further advice and copying it. Well done

Like this??

Attachments

• Elevation.jpg
    Elevation.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 546

Ok, it took 30 seconds to change that.

Took 9 minutes or so to render and upload it to YouTube.

Take a look, see what you think?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7psPyiDqlsc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Verb arrives today......brace ya self for a thousand questions.....:bow:bow

Have a play with it first, it's very self explanatory.

Get the Virb Edit Software on your Laptop or PC and have a good play around with the Gauges.

If you want bike specific Telemetry data get an OBD2 ELM327 Bluetooth connector (the one I used cost £11 off Amazon)

Get a cheap second hand Garmin Virb X or Virb XE off eBay. £160? or less?

Get a cheap memory MicroSD Card. £30

Garmin Virb Edit Software is free.

OBD2 ELM327 Bluetooth sensor is £11 for OBD2 enabled BMW Bikes. (not sure what you would need for older bikes)

£200 your doing everything I'm doing.

I really like it, actually I like it that much I have a Verb XE on the way. Now all I got to do is sell my Navigator V, get a Navigator VI, get a Verb X, Get the OBD2 ELM327 Bluetooth Sensor, brackets as required and set t all up. Unfortunately it will be one step at a time but the project is underway.

Now look what you done!

Regards B

I really like it, actually I like it that much I have a Verb XE on the way. Now all I got to do is sell my Navigator V, get a Navigator VI, get a Verb X, Get the OBD2 ELM327 Bluetooth Sensor, brackets as required and set t all up. Unfortunately it will be one step at a time but the project is underway.

Now look what you done!

Regards B

You sure the Nav V doesn't connect? I thought it did with the Virb X and Virb XE

Got the camera delivered today....feels like a good bit of kit. Is the connection for the charging wire waterproof as I assume that is where the hard wire will be attached..??

Anyone found the proper manual for the VIRB XE ? If so would you be so kind as to putting up a link.

Thanks

It looks great, with very clear and stable footage giving the appearance to be very professional. Would like to do something like that, but as I only have a 2012 bike not an option at this time.

My only feedback would can you get the gear position to show?
And throttle appears to be permanently at 11%?? :augie

But keep up the testing :thumb

I bought a Garmin Rugged cable which is waterproof.

I'm not sure if the USB charging cable is waterproof, you'll need to check thst one.

Back
Top Bottom