I'm impressed

Okey Dokey ...

(I may well retro fit them, seems daft not to, they certainly saved the day on my R a couple of times albeit that was off road).

I'm having a rad protector fitted and the satnav bracket ... :thumb2

Didn't bother with hill hold or the anti rear lock change down too abruptly thing .... :rolleyes:

infact ... can you go into the garage and take a pic of the sat nav bracket for me ... :D

At least he'll be able to find his garage ... (well we'd like to think ... )

Bloody marvellous Nutty .... Thank you ... :thumb2

The only other slight annoyance is the position of the pillion peg hangers. They are exactly where your leg goes to hoist it up on the centre stand. Has anyone else noticed this? Although I won't be taking a pillion on the bike, I was going to leave them on as protection, if the bike ever has a lie down. Are they in the same position on the 1190, if so, will they offer any protection, or would they not touch down?

Errrrr ... well on the two occasions I binned the 1190 I didn't have the pillion pegs on so I don't know :D

(Rosy has a set of peg lowering brackets, but when they're on I hit my heels on her pegs ... just ... So for 95% of the time the bike was ridden with no pillion pegs).

:thumb2

Errrrr ... well on the two occasions I binned the 1190 I didn't have the pillion pegs on so I don't know :D

(Rosy has a set of peg lowering brackets, but when they're on a hit my heels on her pegs ... just ... So for 95% of the time the bike was ridden with no pillion pegs).

:thumb2

So when you binned it, did the rear of the bike/ swingarm/ exhaust etc suffer any damage?

Thankfully it went down twice on the non exhaust side. Once in a welsh Forest in the taffy Dakar and once on a track in France. On the tarmac the bike slid on left brush guard / bar end weight, crash guards, rider peg and pillion grab handle. There was actually remarkably little damage.

Looking good You NUTTER! I like the KTMBMW hybrid you've created there. :D

Managed to get a quick first 180 miles on the S this afternoon. Roads were a good mixture of fast B roads and back lanes, and the bike was great.

I tried all the suspension settings, and engine maps, and Street damping with Sport throttle was my favourite, and seemed to soak the bumps up nicely, and give the sharpest acceleration. I had the screen in the lowest position the whole time, and there was no buffeting on my lid, until getting into silly speeds.

The power and torque are brilliant. Sit behind a car at 30mph in 6th, crank it open, and it just keeps pulling. At one point I stopped in 3rd, turned the bike off then pulled away in 3rd without realising; no extra revs, and it just set off as normal. I loved my XR, but this is so much more usable. I always found myself doing prison speeds on that bike, to get the best from it. This will get there just as quick, but it's not all about the top end on the S.

The handling is very very good. Fast sweeping bends at triple figures, and the bike take it all in its stride.:bow

The computer is a doddle to work, scrolling through everything while riding is very intuitive.

The only niggles, as I'm struggling to think of any negatives, was that the KTM my ride disconnected my phone from my headset when trying to forward songs (I haven't read the manual yet, so this may be my fault), and the mirrors vibrate a fair bit. Other than that, it's spot on.

Am I pleased I bought one? Hell yeah!:JB

So the new GS is now not needed?

Managed to get a quick first 180 miles on the S this afternoon. Roads were a good mixture of fast B roads and back lanes, and the bike was great.

I tried all the suspension settings, and engine maps, and Street damping with Sport throttle was my favourite, and seemed to soak the bumps up nicely, and give the sharpest acceleration. I had the screen in the lowest position the whole time, and there was no buffeting on my lid, until getting into silly speeds.

The power and torque are brilliant. Sit behind a car at 30mph in 6th, crank it open, and it just keeps pulling. At one point I stopped in 3rd, turned the bike off then pulled away in 3rd without realising; no extra revs, and it just set off as normal. I loved my XR, but this is so much more usable. I always found myself doing prison speeds on that bike, to get the best from it. This will get there just as quick, but it's not all about the top end on the S.

The handling is very very good. Fast sweeping bends at triple figures, and the bike take it all in its stride.:bow

The computer is a doddle to work, scrolling through everything while riding is very intuitive.

The only niggles, as I'm struggling to think of any negatives, was that the KTM my ride disconnected my phone from my headset when trying to forward songs (I haven't read the manual yet, so this may be my fault), and the mirrors vibrate a fair bit. Other than that, it's spot on.

Am I pleased I bought one? Hell yeah!:JB

Are you off to Hilltop to make it even better?

The only other slight annoyance is the position of the pillion peg hangers. They are exactly where your leg goes to hoist it up on the centre stand. Has anyone else noticed this? Although I won't be taking a pillion on the bike, I was going to leave them on as protection, if the bike ever has a lie down. Are they in the same position on the 1190, if so, will they offer any protection, or would they not touch down?

Yes - I noted that when I had my test ride. Think it will be a case of getting used to how to place your boot. Could have been designed better.

I read a report that the Sat Nav holder allows for severe vibration of the unit - have you noticed that?

Back
Top Bottom