I'm impressed

...Maybe one day, but at the moment it seems just fine as it is. If I could get some Akra headers for it, I would, but they aren't available yet, apparently.

On the 1190 I went to a local car performance centre and asked if they could decat my pipe. And I have to say they were very professional and did a blinding job. The weld seams were immaculate where they replaced the cat with some blank pipe.

I'd consider doing it again (and then hilltop ...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I read a report that the Sat Nav holder allows for severe vibration of the unit - have you noticed that?

Nope, I didn't notice any vibration of the sat nav at all.

On the 1190 I went to a local car performance centre and asked if they could decat my pipe. And I have to say they were very professional and did a blinding job. The weld seams were immaculate where they replaced the cat with some blank pipe.

I'd consider doing it again (and then hilltop ...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd not thought of that. One of the guys here does ceramic coating, so getting the current headers de-catted then coated could be an option.:thumb

Looking good You NUTTER! I like the KTMBMW hybrid you've created there. :D

.................would not be the first :augie

The only other slight annoyance is the position of the pillion peg hangers. They are exactly where your leg goes to hoist it up on the centre stand. Has anyone else noticed this? Although I won't be taking a pillion on the bike, I was going to leave them on as protection, if the bike ever has a lie down. Are they in the same position on the 1190, if so, will they offer any protection, or would they not touch down?

Exactly the same on the 1190 - worse on mine cos my Holan frame rails mount on bottom on the pillion pegs. You get used to it but being as you have the "nice" BMW as well use that for pillion work and take them off the KTM ;)

I have the Euro 4 Akra can. Are you sure that will work with these headers, as the eBay link only mentions 2015/2016 models?

Would be very surprised if they did not - headers/silencer interchangeable on all 1050/1190/1290 Adventures so far and so see no reason why they would not fit the 2017 models.

Would be very surprised if they did not - headers/silencer interchangeable on all 1050/1190/1290 Adventures so far and so see no reason why they would not fit the 2017 models.

I think I'll wait to see something that specifically mentions the 2017 SAS.

On another note, has anyone found a decent aftermarket tinted screen for the S? The original is heavily scratched already, and I haven't even washed the bike yet. There's zero scratch resistance on the screen, unlike the GS tinted screens which have an anti scratch coating.

On another note, has anyone found a decent aftermarket tinted screen for the S? The original is heavily scratched already, and I haven't even washed the bike yet. There's zero scratch resistance on the screen, unlike the GS tinted screens which have an anti scratch coating.

Are the screen fittings different to the 1190S?

I am sure for my ancient bike there are quite a few tinted options.

Are the screen fittings different to the 1190S?

I am sure for my ancient bike there are quite a few tinted options.

Nope, they're different. The parts chap at KTM had a look to see if any will fit, but they won't. He wasn't sure about aftermarket screens though.

Ah looking good, Rich.

My bike has the sump guard, orange bars and akra as well. I think, i see you have the roadlock disc lock fitted as well.? Looks a good bit of kit.but about 300 quid. for a disc lock ouch.

Mine arrived at our friends new business on Sun, so arriving with me Friday. A tad bit more excited than when i got the GSA.

Yes i thought the screen looked cheap versus the BM one, mind you destroyed my 64 plate GS screen fairly quickly with flies etc, never recovered from a long euro tour.

If you hear of a good aftermarket tinted screen let me know.

cheers

Paddy

Here it is with the Nav 6 fitted.

Is your Nav 6 fully wired into one of the ACC ports or are you using the 12v power outlet? I'm curious as I may be interested in using a Nav 5 (if I can find it) on the 1090 R (if I go that route), but Premier say they would need wiring info to enable them to remove the BMW connector and connect it up to the bike. Alternatively, does your Garmin cradle negate that BMW wiring connector issue? Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Is your Nav 6 fully wired into one of the ACC ports or are you using the 12v power outlet? I'm curious as I may be interested in using a Nav 5 (if I can find it) on the 1090 R (if I go that route), but Premier say they would need wiring info to enable them to remove the BMW connector and connect it up to the bike. Alternatively, does your Garmin cradle negate that BMW wiring connector issue? Thanks in advance for any pointers.

They wired it in for me, so I'm not sure how they did it. All I know is that it powers on and off with the ignition. I cable tied the unused wires under the tank, as they left them available to use if I needed them, which I don't.

Have a look here:

http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...gator-v-gps-on-ktm-1190.947084/#post-23211998

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...g-in-a-Sat-Nav-1190-Adv-R/page2?highlight=nav

Mines connected to the switched Acc lead in the headlight. You can either buy the BMW connector to wire in or cut off the Nav 5 connector and wire in direct.

They wired it in for me, so I'm not sure how they did it. All I know is that it powers on and off with the ignition. I cable tied the unused wires under the tank, as they left them available to use if I needed them, which I don't.

Have a look here:

http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...gator-v-gps-on-ktm-1190.947084/#post-23211998

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...g-in-a-Sat-Nav-1190-Adv-R/page2?highlight=nav

Mines connected to the switched Acc lead in the headlight. You can either buy the BMW connector to wire in or cut off the Nav 5 connector and wire in direct.

Thanks both, hopefully that should provide enough info.

The only other slight annoyance is the position of the pillion peg hangers. They are exactly where your leg goes to hoist it up on the centre stand. Has anyone else noticed this? Although I won't be taking a pillion on the bike, I was going to leave them on as protection, if the bike ever has a lie down. Are they in the same position on the 1190, if so, will they offer any protection, or would they not touch down?

Yep - I get that too but only when I'm poncing around with the centre stand and not wearing bike gear.

Once I have riding kit on it's OK, but jeans catch every bloody time :blast

Took a punt on a discounted Akra end can for the outgoing 2016 1290 and it went straight on no bother, so there's every chance the headers will be interchangeable too :aidan

Back
Top Bottom