Internet radio through Zumo 590

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
So here's what I've managed to do this week :thumb

Just changed my phone plan and get a massive 20gb of data a month....and was only using 500mb on my last plan

Downloaded the Absolute radio app on my iphone...( internet streaming radio)

Have an Autocom SPA kit fitted to the bike, connected to the Zumo

Phone is paired to Zumo via bluetooth .

Thought I'd give it a try fully expecting the music to drop out regularly when i had no 3 or 4G signal.

3 days of commuting ( about an hour a day) and it only dropped out once for about 5 seconds ....clear as a bell.

Checked my data allowance and used about 0.2 gb in 3 days, so plenty left.

It eats the phone battery though.. Plugged it into a power bar in my pocket, keeps it at 100%

Only thing I've not worked out how to do is switch the source to mp3 on the fly....it just come up with a message 'bluetooth audio connected'

So far so good :)

Bryn had wondered about this radio by Bluetooth, have phone connected if on main roads with Garmin traffic app on. As you say eats battery quickly running apps .Might give the radio a go on me next long journey. :thumby:

Bryn had wondered about this radio by Bluetooth, have phone connected if on main roads with Garmin traffic app on. As you say eats battery quickly running apps .Might give the radio a go on me next long journey. :thumby:

Just plug the phone into a power supply such as a power bar..solves the issue... And Absolute radio is the best station I've ever discovered. :thumb2:cool:

Back
Top Bottom