GS Exlisive Dynamic ESA Next Generation

DavidH

Reaction score
I thought I'd post this to give prospective buyers a heads up on the Next Generation ESA.

I've had the Exclusive just over a month, it's a great bike, smoother quieter and appears less wind than my 2016 TE.

The new Dynamic self adjusting suspension gives fabulous ride regardless of load. BUT, on a standard GS my feet are on ground albeit not totally flat at times. On the auto setting I often get caught out, as it adjusts to different surfaces and inclines when I come to a stop I find myself on tip toes, not just toes but like a ballerina!!!!!

I came to a T junction on a hill at the weekend and was stretching to try and touch the ground.

You can set it to MIN but it is quite soft and bouncy and not suited to increased load. I do actually much prefer the older method of manually selecting the load setting although the auto setting does give a good ride and compensates for a lot of situations.

If anyone is borderline on height I would seriously consider the low suspension option, I am looking to part ex already as for me I've found myself in some awkward situations

Thanks for the heads up , think I may take one out to see how it feels , but I do have a longer leg . Thanks again for posting

I had the standard GS and got a low seat option when I bought my exclusive. Low seat on low seat setting works for me; it seems easier to get my feet down than the previous model. Got to be worth trying before you chop the bike in.
The low suspension model was too compact to be comfortable for me.

Inwas not aware that lowered suspension changed riding position or footpeg position?

It doesn't. The seat to peg relationship is exactly the same. However on the GS you get a low seat with he low chassis automatically, whereas it is an option on the GSA (I think they call it the "black" seat - it's the regular GS seat I believe). you can of course do the reverse and get a low chassis with a regular seat for the same experience but more chance of reaching th ground if you aren't as long in the leg. The low GSA for example is much more manageable for me, having had both.

Back
Top Bottom