Tour De Yorkshire Sportive.

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is anyone else doing this?

If so have you managed to download the GPX files? Whenever I try to all that happens is that a new page opens with what I assume is the actual program written on it, as opposed to giving me the option to actually download the route.
I'd like to get this uploaded onto my bike computer for the day itself & to my Nav 5 so I can have a motorised spin round the route before the day so I know what to expect.

This is the page I'm at, http://letour.yorkshire.com/maserati-tour-de-yorkshire-ride/route#GPX

clicking on the 'Download the GPX file' opens up this page:-

http://sites.yorkshire.com/assets/tourdeyorkshire/sportive/data/gpx/2017/TdYRide_Long100.gpx

Thanx in advance.

Lot of variables here like operating system and browser but sounds like somehow you have set your browser to be the default program for open gpx files. See if there is a right click download option.

Open the page and copy and paste all the text into a new file with a gpx extension. If your on windows then note pad will work great for this.

Open the page and copy and paste all the text into a new file with a gpx extension. If your on windows then note pad will work great for this.

Thanx. I'm afraid you've lost me. I know how to copy all the text but "into a new file with a gpx extension" lost me. I am on windows.

At least I know it's the website, not me. When I save the file it saves as an XML document.

Edit: The webpage with the program on won't allow me to copy. Right click does nothing, Control A highlights it all but Control C, Control V does nothing.

Open the page

Select all the text either with the mouse or ctrl a

Copy all the text with ctrl c

Open notepad and paste into it with ctrl v

Save file as whatever.gpx overwriting the default txt extension

Cheers, I've tried that but the text won't copy.

Edit: I've opened the saved text version & copied that but I'm not being given the option to save it as a GPX file, only as various versions of text files.

ok forget that as well, the copy and paste works fine but data isn't right. Contact the site and get them to fix it.

Thanx.

I seem to have downloaded it successfully to my bike computer with your help. :thumb2

Thanx again

well i downloaded all 3 routes and they all open and work as a gpx file should. i can not comment on the accuracy of the route as i dont know where it is supposed to go.

Aye, who knows what the issue was but it's all good now. Certainly the long route looks right.
Thanx again both for your input.

Back
Top Bottom