Taller screen

You can buy an add on bar from BMW for the GS, then you can mount the Satnav.

I found it on eBay:

Genuine BMW Motorrad GPS Sat Nav System Mount Support R1200GS 71607707369

There is one on eBay for £30 + postage eBay item number:253426874735

Attachments

• 431FF2BD-C0C1-4BE1-A7F8-36BC08D2F4CB.jpg
    431FF2BD-C0C1-4BE1-A7F8-36BC08D2F4CB.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 191
Thanks 'Fatboy'. That is the route I am going to go down - probably means taking the whole lot off again to swap....unless I can just removed the 2 torx bolts holding the headlight and pull that forward and out?

Less of a problem currently as the SATNAV has packed up!

Cheers,

T.

Yes it is not too difficult to fix, I took the screen off and dropped the clocks. Be careful, the Torx screws on mine were mega tight and are made of cheese. I buggered the head on one of them and had to mod the bracket to just use 3 screws.

Replaced them with Allen screws while I was at it.

Givi screen wobble in traffic turbulence is the only fault I can find. Stiffer screen supports all but remove the screen wobble and the cross tube sits at about the same point as the photo.

The instruments are clipped to the headlamp with little pull-out E clips. The screws holding the original screen support frame together are permanently Loctited. They need heat to soften or the screws will shear off.

I fully agree - it's also the best screen I've used; actually (once I took the stock one off) it's the only screen I've ever used - 46 riding years and counting.

Correct, I've got the same.

Yep , agreed first thing I did with my gs on my mates advice 4yrs ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1 for the Givi screen,

It needs the side supports to make it rock solid,

You can use a GSa later extender bar i believe, or NN /TT do an aduster bar that fits just over the clocks

i dont like the ram extensions, whats the point of security plates and locks when you put in on an adjustable arm ;)

so mine is direct to the bar, I loose a small part of the rev counter

I'll try and get some pics up if that helps

The Givi screen WILL NOT allow the GSA screen support to be fitted. Even if it did there is no way to fasten the support to the screen.

I used P clips to attach a tube between the screen mounting screws. But it was too close to the screen to carry a RAM mount.

I’ve now made side supports from 3mm aluminium with space at the top to carry a cross tube. That made the screen fully rigid and probably has enough space to fit a sat nav mount.

However the Ram mount on the handlebar centre does the sat nav duties more than well enough.

I should add when I tried to use the GSA screen support it would not work. It meant either straining the Givi and/or the support.

Back
Top Bottom