Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just arrived!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Looks fantastic, very envious :-)
    No need to be envious fella, if you are passing pop in for a go!

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Nice machine Mr. Hooton. 6,000rpm max until after first service? I was out on my GT Sport yesterday, and clicking through the buttery smooth gearbox as quick as you like.... you are low flying like a cruise missile even without touching the 6k revs, great fun!

Enjoy and stay safe
    Thanks, well it says in the book <5k up to 180 miles then <6.5k until 600 mile service.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    That looks gorgeous ... you lucky boy. I love my GS to bits but am thinking of a change to turbine smooth ... you don't help putting piccies like that up ! Enjoy.
    Think carefully fella, the GS is oh so more nimble and the seating position, believe it or not, is actually better (or it is for my 55 year old bones)

Quote Originally Posted by rodsharp View Post
    Remember he new speeding fines !!
    Thanks pal and yes they are pretty nasty eh. I`m pleased the plod are stopping travellers pinching my works skip instead of jumping on bikers................ (bit of a rant there)

You ride safe too eh?

It looks like they have not changed the diffuser in front of the rad - it looks the same as the one on my 61 plate.

How about making a replacement for that - the problem with stock is that the fins are the wrong way around and catch all of the debris thrown up at them by the front wheel.

Dont use a pressure washer on the top of the cylinder heads. I did, and got water down the number one spark plug hole. It started missing and I had to replace the coil. £106 plus 6 plugs while I was in there. It's not difficult but time consuming as I had to drop the radiator to get at them.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat2006 View Post
    It looks like they have not changed the diffuser in front of the rad - it looks the same as the one on my 61 plate.

How about making a replacement for that - the problem with stock is that the fins are the wrong way around and catch all of the debris thrown up at them by the front wheel.
    Believe it or not it is a mud flap and the fins are just for show.

Be aware that the lower parts of the radiator either side of the mud flap are prone to blocking with crap off the front wheel. The radiator cooling fins are so fine. That area needs flushing through with a hose from behind with the fan removed. If not done regularely the overheating starts and the only answer will be a new radiator. Exactly the same problem happens on the K1300S. Don't ask me how I know.

Fenda extendas do not work and rub on the tyre. A solution could be a longer front mudguard made out of carbon fibre. I and many others would certainly pay good money for one that fits a K1300S.
    Anyone riding slower than you is an idiot, and anyone riding faster than you is a maniac

Aha I see a problem to be solved - but wouldn't some sort of guard restrict airflow to what seems an area that oh sinners that airflow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hooton View Post
    Aha I see a problem to be solved - but wouldn't some sort of guard restrict airflow to what seems an area that oh sinners that airflow?

That's the problem you have to solve....!

Ha, dunno why I put 'sinners' possibly drunk haha

I've solved another problem tho - the two seat height settings were either too high or too low so using my seat lowering cams I've got a middle setting!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hooton View Post
    Got it yesterday, GT SE plus comfort pack plus radio - just waiting for the Shackleton to fit to the back for 'we indoors.

Never had one before so any (supportive) advice greatly appreciated!

Another bike!!!!

You've got that many, @ least when you come to sell them they'll have all low mileages from your weekly trips to......
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12