Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z1000SX

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    If the GSA is too heavy for the OP to move about I dont see the Kwaka as a sensible option to address he issue

Dry weight of the Kwak is 235 KG which is only marginally lighter than than the GSA which fully fueled is about 250 KG

I was suprised at how heavy Kawasaki are as a bloke here has a Z800 and it weighs a bloody ton for such a dinky little thing
    Just a Prospect at the moment

Www.morowerk.com in the states do them. Just look up Kawasaki Ninja1000 as they call it in the states.
    What we need are clearly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    If the GSA is too heavy for the OP to move about I dont see the Kwaka as a sensible option to address he issue

Dry weight of the Kwak is 235 KG which is only marginally lighter than than the GSA which fully fueled is about 250 KG

I was suprised at how heavy Kawasaki are as a bloke here has a Z800 and it weighs a bloody ton for such a dinky little thing
    I tried it yesterday with my sons bike and found it far easier to turn around in my drive than the GSA. Possibly, in fact probably because it is so much smaller than the BMW size wise and i was surprised at the difference. Didnt think there was such a small difference in the weight of each bike though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy777 View Post
    I tried it yesterday with my sons bike and found it far easier to turn around in my drive than the GSA. Possibly, in fact probably because it is so much smaller than the BMW size wise and i was surprised at the difference. Didnt think there was such a small difference in the weight of each bike though.

Which is more than fair

It just allways suprises me how heavy Kawas are !

Have a look at the figures for some of them and you may think that the frames are lead filled for the size of the bike !

Good bikes though !!

enjoy it if you get one

Which is more than fair

It just allways suprises me how heavy Kawas are !

Have a look at the figures for some of them and you may think that the frames are lead filled for the size of the bike !

Good bikes though !!

enjoy it if you get one
    Haven't made up my mind yet. Im waiting on a dealer coming back with some figures before i make up my mind. If i do it will be a 2017 bike with all the loverly upgrades they have. And more than likely to be the performance model with those lovely Yoshi's and the luggage. Think id go for the burnt orange one.

I've been admiring one of these parked in Canary Wharf car park. Your thread prompted me to go and look at prices, specs etc. They seem really good value compared to the S1000XR which I was also looking into. Time to leave the BMW fold?? Going to have to go and test ride one I think.....

Quote Originally Posted by joness7 View Post
    I've been admiring one of these parked in Canary Wharf car park. Your thread prompted me to go and look at prices, specs etc. They seem really good value compared to the S1000XR which I was also looking into. Time to leave the BMW fold?? Going to have to go and test ride one I think.....
    I cant really find any bad things said about the new bike apart from the Bridgestone tyres. Were i to buy one they would be getting junked as I'm not a fan of them anyway. Probably replace them with Michelins or Dunlop Roadsmarts. Or has anyone else have a recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy777 View Post
    I cant really find any bad things said about the new bike apart from the Bridgestone tyres. Were i to buy one they would be getting junked as I'm not a fan of them anyway. Probably replace them with Michelins or Dunlop Roadsmarts. Or has anyone else have a recommendation?

Tyres for that I would highly recomend Metxler Roadtec 01

HAve them on my XR and the grip both dry and wet is phenominal and they last well

Top rated tyre of last year and not rivalled yet

Tyres for that I would highly recomend Metxler Roadtec 01

HAve them on my XR and the grip both dry and wet is phenominal and they last well

Top rated tyre of last year and not rivalled yet
    Nice one

I've PR4's on my z1000sx. They are wearing well and grip well dry or wet but they tram line on over-banding or white lines too much for my liking I'm going to try the Metzlers next. (mind there is 3k on the PR4's and they barely look half worn?) I put pr4 on the r1150gs instead of old style tourances last time and at 3k the rear only looks like it will do another thousand?? weird normally got 5-7K out of the rear old style tourance
    What we need are clearly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!

I've made my mind, im going to order a Performance Tourer from my local dealer Shirlaws in Aberdeen. Private reg no has been removed from bike and is on retention but I will wait until I have the bike OTR before I use it, then if I sell it I wont need to buy another plate.

I have a brand new oem satnav bracket and an sw motech tank ring for sale to fit this bike

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly65 View Post
    I have a brand new oem satnav bracket and an sw motech tank ring for sale to fit this bike
    Im getting the sat nav bracket with the bike but i might be interested in the tank ring. Which bags does this work with ? Ta Drl

Its the quickloc evo ring

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly65 View Post
    Its the quickloc evo ring
    Dont suppose you have the tankbag to go with it do you ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12