Keis Heating Controller

Chalky723

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

Planning ahead for the Winter, I reckon I'll be a tad less protected on the F650GS than I was on my Pan European so am looking at heated jackets. I've got an old Widder vest, but am now looking for something with sleeves.

At the moment the Keis gear is top of my list - both review & price wise, but I've got a question about the heating controller.

Everything I see/read says how this is stored in a pocket on the jacket - so I'm assuming that the temperature isn't adjustable whilst you're moving/at lights?

I ask because my commute is 45 miles down the A1 at 70 for 40 minutes then 10 miles inside the M25 at much lower speeds. A comfortable temp for 70 might well bake me at 20...

Can anyone clarify if I'll be able to adjust the heat - do I have to have the controller in the pocket, or can I put it between the battery & jacket connection instead (and is it waterproof).

Whew - that was longer than expected!!

Cheers,

Damon

Hi All,

Planning ahead for the Winter, I reckon I'll be a tad less protected on the F650GS than I was on my Pan European so am looking at heated jackets. I've got an old Widder vest, but am now looking for something with sleeves.

At the moment the Keis gear is top of my list - both review & price wise, but I've got a question about the heating controller.

Everything I see/read says how this is stored in a pocket on the jacket - so I'm assuming that the temperature isn't adjustable whilst you're moving/at lights?

I ask because my commute is 45 miles down the A1 at 70 for 40 minutes then 10 miles inside the M25 at much lower speeds. A comfortable temp for 70 might well bake me at 20...

Can anyone clarify if I'll be able to adjust the heat - do I have to have the controller in the pocket, or can I put it between the battery & jacket connection instead (and is it waterproof).

Whew - that was longer than expected!!

Cheers,

Damon
The controller on my Keis jacket (X20) can be connected so it's accessible whilst on the bike, it doesn't have to go in a pocket. There's also a wireless controller available.

I had 2 Keis X20 jackets, both failed. Also had the handlebar remote controller, that failed as well. Fortunately, I bought the stuff from Sportsbikeshop who gave me replacements and eventually money back.

I've had 2 Keis jackets and both worked perfectly. I found that the controller is essential as the jackets can get too hot.

Back
Top Bottom