Become one finally.

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After 40 years of riding and owning almost every type of bike, I have finally become a Harley owner. My local dealer has taken delivery of my Electra Glide Ultra Limited in two tone blue. It also has colour matched inner fairing, extra speakers behind the fairing lowers and lots of other bits. Ordered it in Dec 2016 and had long wait.
Unfortunately SWMBO had a major leg operation yesterday so I have to look after her 24/7 so I won't be able to collect bike until June.

After 40 years of riding and owning almost every type of bike, I have finally become a Harley owner. My local dealer has taken delivery of my Electra Glide Ultra Limited in two tone blue. It also has colour matched inner fairing, extra speakers behind the fairing lowers and lots of other bits. Ordered it in Dec 2016 and had long wait.
Unfortunately SWMBO had a major leg operation yesterday so I have to look after her 24/7 so I won't be able to collect bike until June.

Well done Sid sounds nice....... An offer for you... I'd be happy to collect it, and run it in for you...no charge.....I can deliver to yours in June.... Just let me know....

Well done Sid sounds nice....... An offer for you... I'd be happy to collect it, and run it in for you...no charge.....I can deliver to yours in June.... Just let me know....

A truly selfless offer, who says there are no decent folks left................

Will Sid be the first M8 owner in here then?

If so can I be officially classed as Old Skool now? :D

M8 owner? Please explain. I bought lots of Harley stuff at Bike Week in Daytona last month and I'm learning all the words to Village Peoples Greatest Hits!

M8 = the new 107 engine...

Milwaukee 8.

Will Sid be the first M8 owner in here then?

If so can I be officially classed as Old Skool now? :D

Milwaukee 8. Makes sense now. I've ridden the various models at Daytona over last five years and finally felt the bikes were up to date. No disrespect to the older models, I understand why people love them, but finally I felt I could live with new one. And wife liked it as well, which is half the battle.
Local dealer is in Jersey so can't get away until 1st June.

the M8 motors are being a lot of trouble in America, I know of 5 alone that have blown up with less than 2000mls on them and others have had various problems with oil pumps and knocking in the engines and so on, even to the extent of primary problems

just make sure when you get it that its a newer 107 and not the first ones made as they changed them without people knowing

like when they changed the oil pump etc on the 05-06 models

It was built in mid March so is not from first batch.
No, not run wife over again, this is NHS finally fixing her leg three years after the accident.

Can't say I'd fancy you as a nurse, but hope she heals well. Paul & Jaq

that's good then, what happened was the builders in the plant were mixing the oil and water lines up and it was getting oil instead of water and so on

have a great time with it and get some miles done :beerjug:

...what happened was the builders in the plant were mixing the oil and water lines up and it was getting oil instead of water and so on

Phew! Glad to ride an Evo...:thumb2

Oil, & Water, on a Harley..?!?

You'll be telling me they need 'software updates' next:blast

Phew! Glad to ride an Evo...:thumb2

Oil, & Water, on a Harley..?!?

You'll be telling me they need 'software updates' next:blast

With you there - the only water on my Evo is when it gets it's annual wash....( unless I get caught in the rain..)

Me too!

Collected my FXDBC Street Bob from Maidstone HD yesterday.

An itch that had to be scratched. Surely everyone calling themselves a motorcyclist has to own a Harley at some point.

Me too!

Collected my FXDBC Street Bob from Maidstone HD yesterday.

An itch that had to be scratched. Surely everyone calling themselves a motorcyclist has to own a Harley at some point.

And have you been beating them off with a stick since yesterday?

And have you been beating them off with a stick since yesterday?
That particular fear has failed to materialise so far. I had a couple of lady horticulturalists in my garden yesterday and they couldn't have been less interested.:nenau

...but don't forget to check the oil !! Had a classic this week....a (young) lad bought a used but moderately customised twin-cam Dyna with some nice V&H pipes on it. He spent a small fortune on a set of "mammoth spoke" wheels for it....what he failed to do, because the "wrong pipes" were fitted which covered the filler/dipstick..was check the oil.....:blast

........what we reckon happened, by analysis of the carnage, was the hydraulic tensioner "didn't" because it was starved of oil, chain jumped and then boom......:eek:

Back
Top Bottom