Thread: Three Sisters Race Track closed down today.

University of St.Helens Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Three Sisters Race Track closed down today.

Went bust and closed this morning.

http://www.wigantoday.net/news/shock...oses-1-8523074

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    It's a shame when any circuit closes but Three Sisters was grim even on a good day. Back in my days of desperately seeking signatures to get a national licence I managed to avoid having to actually race there though I did go to watch one of my mates go out there and I was momentarily tempted.

Sad. Heard about it but never ventured there. Aintree was my locale in the 70's and 80's to watch threadbare racers and Oulton Park for the cream of sporting heroes during the Transatlantic racing years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A GOAL is an end toward which some specific effort is directed!
    Go forth and prosper!

Proud Tosser Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I've done single venue rally's there it was bloody tight in a rally car.

They apparently looking for a new owner I was taking to someone who does a lot o photography there. The owner lives abroad and lost interest. Seems strange that it's happening at the start of the season for them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went there a lot, scooter racing was a lot of fun to watch

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    It's a shame when any circuit closes but Three Sisters was grim even on a good day. Back in my days of desperately seeking signatures to get a national licence I managed to avoid having to actually race there though I did go to watch one of my mates go out there and I was momentarily tempted.
    What did you used to race? My first ever SM race was at Three Sisters (with NORA); a truly terrifying experience but one I repeated two more times there. I actually thought it a fun track on a SM (also there was no dirt section there which was always a bonus!) but could see it might be a little hairy on a bigger bike..........

I hope they find a buyer

Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

opinionated, me? Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    (also there was no dirt section there which was always a bonus!)
    Andres
    We, as in our company, helped build a couple of "dirt" sections there a few years ago. Chris Iddon and Matt Winstanley were there with their bikes, and we had an excavator and a couple of wagons to move stuff about. There were far too many interested parties to do anything too exciting, the riders wanted a jump, but the council said no, etc, etc. Not sure how they managed to end up owing what the papers say though, £2 million!
    Mark
    Just when you've got this rat race licked, here come faster rats!

I used to race RD350s there back in the early 80s

Assuming the sand/gravel has been worked fully, it sits behind an existing Industrial/Trading Estate, it can't pay the bills/wash it's face financially, it's close to M6 & rail = redevelopment opportunity for the Local Authority, probably struggling with their Social Budget.

Let's face it, most of the locals have no real interest in the Race Circuit - it's small & run-down.

Shame, but them's the facts of life, for event venues eveywhere.

What did you used to race? My first ever SM race was at Three Sisters (with NORA); a truly terrifying experience but one I repeated two more times there. I actually thought it a fun track on a SM (also there was no dirt section there which was always a bonus!) but could see it might be a little hairy on a bigger bike..........

I hope they find a buyer

Andres
    Is an SM a 'Spastics Mobile'?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A GOAL is an end toward which some specific effort is directed!
    Go forth and prosper!

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugged Path View Post
    Is an SM a 'Spastics Mobile'?

Sent from my iPad using Wankatalk
    You don't know how close to the truth you are............................

Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

I hope they find a buyer

Andres
    I raced anything I could afford to buy from 250cc GP class to unlimited cc production bikes. I was going to race in the 250cc production class there but it was a stupidly long way to go for one signature so I didn't bother. I was tempted until I realised that most of the guys racing there lived locally and raced there several times each season so it was never going to be a give away signature and on a first outing I'd have been lucky to get inside the cut off time.

I was never tempted to race a motard and I realised that I wasn't cut out for high speed sliding after a day on Scunthorpe speedway track left me a quivering mess convinced I was going to be launched into the fencing every corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis the Menace View Post
    Went there a lot, scooter racing was a lot of fun to watch
    Me too 25+ years ago

Trustworthy Scouser AND
    Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the Wirral
    Only circuit that you can view ALL the racing wherever on the track :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    I always thought it was a Mickey Mouse circuit until I actually rode there but it's actually one of the most fun and demanding circuits there is. A proper rider's track, no two corners are the same and lots of them link together, it might be short but it's great fun. Casey Stoner held the lap record for a while. A bit of good news :-

Press Release – 1st June 2017
    PRESTON AND DISTRICT MCC JULY MEETING TO GO AHEAD
    The leaseholders of Three Sisters circuit have given permission for events to continue running at the track for the next couple of months, until a long-term solution is reached with the local council. The leaseholders are also still actively sourcing a new operating company to resume activities full time.
    http://www.prestondmc.co.uk/