2016 gsa rust issue

Its funny my 800GS survived, but apparently the rear bearing was hit hard by salt, it failed last week all of a sudden.

What a load of bollocks.

So the hurricane came along, attacked your rear bearing with salt and it it failed last week all of a sudden, presumably after you rushed out and repaired the damaged wheel to take it for a ride.

You are a bullshitter. You're riding these bikes through saltwater and not cleaning them afterwards aren't you.

You can be honest now BMW aren't listening any more.

A man of your means, why was it uninsured?

Was your severely damaged yacht uninsured as well?

You do not become a man of means by having full coverage on everything.
The yacht and 800 and scooter were not insured for damages.

What a load of bollocks.

So the hurricane came along, attacked your rear bearing with salt and it it failed last week all of a sudden, presumably after you rushed out and repaired the damaged wheel to take it for a ride.

You are a bullshitter. You're riding these bikes through saltwater and not cleaning them afterwards aren't you.

The 800 didnt fall over, the rear of the bike was underwater.

You can be honest now BMW aren't listening any more.

If BMW gave half a crap about it, they would give enough of a crap to stop the bikes from rusting in the first place.
They are just soiling their previously good name. All it would take is one good USA made bike to come along that is in the same realm as the BMW, to ruin their sales.
Zero motorcycles might be it in a few years. 1 more step in battery tech and it will be over for companies like BMW who are building to a price. The costs to R&D an electric engine are almost $0 as they buy an off the shelf motor to drive the bikes. I think 300 mile range will be the tipping point.
Zero will be my next motorcycle. Not sure why you island locked guys do not already ride them?

Fantastic mate, you have it nailed. There is just the wee problem of the control system (and all it entails) for the AC motor. Do you have a few quid so it can be sorted?

Fantastic mate, you have it nailed. There is just the wee problem of the control system (and all it entails) for the AC motor. Do you have a few quid so it can be sorted?

Basic electrical engineering. The tech has been out since 1832.

Took bike in for first year service. 6000 miles gs. Corrosion on throttle bodies- nowhere else I can see (yet). Marshall’s in Grimsby gave me a courtesy bike. When I collected it next day was all done with bodies replaced. Not the best product but can’t criticise service.

Back
Top Bottom