1990 BMW R80RT to Spoked Wheels

Eltoro69

Reaction score
Has anyone converted the standard alloy wheels to spoked wheels on a 1990 BMW R80RT?

I need a little help please. I have been asked to buy hubs from an older airhead bike. Will these hubs fit my 1990 mono lever machine? Or do I need to source specific hubs or wheels?

Thanks

You will need to do a lot of engineering or either find a narrow front hub or make one narrow 'cause the calipers catch the spokes with Brembos unless you want to convert to the poor inefficient ATE brakes.

If you pay your subs you can pm me and I can tell you how to do it (DAMHIK).

I have a rare as rocking horse poo narrow hub front wheel that fits brembo brakes. Don't be expecting any cut price bargains though :D

£250

They're £395 from motorworks if they have them

I have a rare as rocking horse poo narrow hub front wheel that fits brembo brakes. Don't be expecting any cut price bargains though :D

£250

They're £395 from motorworks if they have them

Back in the day BMW used to sell brake discs with varying dish depths to fit different spoked wheel hubs and brake combos.

Back in the day BMW used to sell brake discs with varying dish depths to fit different spoked wheel hubs and brake combos.

Don't see how different depth disks are going to stop the spokes hitting the calipers but it's no skin off my nose if he wants to try.

What are the options for the rear hub ?

The mono has the rear hub with shoes and actuating rod to the pedal.

Which four bolt hubs are compatible ?

Yup, remember them ( Think you used a three ribbed hub with deep discs IIRC - then again long time ago !! )

I couldn't keep up with all the different options available at the time.... Post 1981 police bikes with spoked wheels had yet another set of different discs.

Back
Top Bottom