Fxdx seat

Rob Farmer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My new (to me) Harley fxdx arrived today. Apart from the seat it's great.

ive never known such an uncomfortable seat on a bike.

any suggestions or experience of a replacement?

Is it the standard seat? Harley have some dreadful seats.

I've used Mustang in the past and been happy, Corbin is an option but they are very expensive.

Thanks Twizzle :thumb2

I've just ordered an HD Sundowner from Jersey HD
IMG00339-20100608-1632.jpg

I've only ridden to Nottingham today. It was agony with the standard seat. It looks great but you sit way to close to the tank, very low and with your feet high. Not good! The corner of the battery digs into your leg when ever you put your feet down
FDCF7734-5863-4F95-B1FD-730BF61517A0_zpswkgfpoll.jpg
AA556677-E1B2-4D5E-A50E-4F06686443A1_zpssrqnqtxa.jpg

Is it the standard seat? Harley have some dreadful seats.

I've used Mustang in the past and been happy, Corbin is an option but they are very expensive.

Yep - genuine. I'm surprised they make such an uncomfortable seat.

It is ridiculously clean. Two owners 27000 miles which is less than 2,000 miles a year

"ive never known such an uncomfortable seat on a bike."......

rubbish - i've seen an old pic of you with a Ducati..

That Ducati seat was fine.

The plan is:-
A/ fit the sundowner seat as an interim measure
B/ buy a solo seat (la pera, Corbin etc)
C/ fit a set of "further forward mid controls" from a later low rider. They move your feet 2" further forward

It looks like a non standard short arse seat. You'll have a lot more comfort sat another 4" astern.
I bought a seat that moved me further back which made all the difference.:)
I then had to change the bars because I couldn't reach them.:blast

That Ducati seat was fine.

The plan is:-
A/ fit the sundowner seat as an interim measure
B/ buy a solo seat (la pera, Corbin etc)
C/ fit a set of "further forward mid controls" from a later low rider. They move your feet 2" further forward

Not sure I'd bother with the La Pera if you want comfort Rob. Mine has one and despite me not riding it more than 30 miles yet I can tell that 'comfortable' will not be high up on it's good points. Looks great though.

I had a Corbin solo on the Road King and they are excellent. I may put another one on the Dyna for long trips and have the La Pera for impressing people at bus stops when I nonchalantly ride past with my best cruiser face on.

(Also like your original seat, the La Pera is also quite slim which means the battery box rubs my creamy white, soft and delicate inner thigh.)

Gotta see this cruiser face:bounce1:bounce1

Patience....not long now. Mind you....I'll have the la Pera seat on. Might be more of a grimace.

Good job that, traditionally, the longest time in the saddle is from mid-morning snack to lunch..so...ooo...maybe 45 minutes? You should be fine.......

Crazy talk. My house to Portsmouth is 63 miles I'll have you know!!!!!!!!! I'll pop the Airhawk seat on.

Mine has one of these on it and jolly comfortable it is too.
Think its a Sundowner, I swapped out the standard seat for this one.

Managed an iron-butt qualifying 30 miles on Saturday.

Attachments

• Street Bob seat.jpg
    Street Bob seat.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 126
Yeah..but you ain't gonna do that in one hit are ya? Well are ya?... Hard-riding Mofo.....

I may do a stopover in Champneys for a spa and facial.

Back
Top Bottom