Add Basecamp POI to Nav V

vRSG60

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
How do I add POIs in a Basecamp list to the Nav V AND give it a category name so I can easily search for them?

i.e.
I've imported a list of campsites into a new list in Basecamp and called it Camping POI.
I'd like to add these to the Nav V under a category name - for instance My Campsites.
Hmm seems harder than I thought. My imported POIs are actually imported as waypoints. Seems I need POI Loader to get them onto my Nav V in another format then get them into Basecamp.

Hmm seems harder than I thought. My imported POIs are actually imported as waypoints. Seems I need POI Loader to get them onto my Nav V in another format then get them into Basecamp.

POILoader converts them to gpi files to go in the \Garmin\POI sub directory on device or SD.
Basecamp just exports them as .gpx. That's handy if you want to trim down the or make bespoke list of POI's and export them to a file, ready for use in poiloader

How do I add POIs in a Basecamp list to the Nav V AND give it a category name so I can easily search for them?

i.e.
I've imported a list of campsites into a new list in Basecamp and called it Camping POI.
I'd like to add these to the Nav V under a category name - for instance My Campsites.

Are not the majority of them already in the Garmin database? If I search, either on the device or on my computer, under "lodgings" the local ones come up. Does your list have different sites?

John

Back
Top Bottom