Nav 5 mount for a 1150 gsa

steele01

Reaction score
Hi everyone :) still got my Nav 5 from the GSA LC

Hopefully should have an 1150 gsa sorted really soon so wanna start looking into a Nav mount,

Does anyone know which model is needed for putting a Nav 5 onto a 1150 GSA ? :)

Thanks in advance

Migsel mount is the best solution, do a search on here for Migsel and
PM him

What about the base mount to wire into the bike mate? Mine was nav prepared on the GSA lc

Your questions are not very clear but I'm guessing:

1. You had a 1200 WC, that came with a mount / cradle for a Nav V fitted onto it, into which you slotted the GPS device. Life was, in a word: easy.

2. You have now bought an 1150 that (very inconveniently) does not have a Nav V cradle mounted onto to it.

3. You have your Nav V in your hands and are looking at your 1150.

4. You are wondering how to join your Nav V to your 1150?

Answer:

The 1150 comes from a glorious age, before BMW did everything for everyone.

If you don't have one, you can buy Nav V cradles, with and without the four buttons used to control the screen. You'll find them for sale on the internet or BMW / Garmin will sell one to you. If you are really stuck and desperate, I'll sell you a Nav V cradle: £125 without the buttons, £250 with the buttons. Postage and packing £25. See thread on moaning about rip-off postage charges.

If you have the cradle, there are several ways to mount (join) the cradle to an 1150. Post #2 suggests you use a Migsel mount. It's a good suggestion. If you don't like the Migsel mount, try looking at:

Ram mounts

A Google of 'Putting a GPS on a BMW 1150' or some similar brief combination of words

Going along to your local BMW dealership to ask them and / or looking at the bikes they might have in for a service, to see how their self-reliant owners did it.

PS I have copied this thread into the 1150 section, where the real experts live.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/453258-Nav-5-mount-for-a-1150-gsa?p=4708454#post4708454

I presume you have just the sat nav and no mount or cradle at all, i believe you can use a zumo 660 mount for the nav v, (someone will correct this if i am wrong,) so a 660 cradle and ram arm and attachments would do you and may be the cheapest way to go.

Cheers lads just the info I was looking for Ill have a look at the Zumo 660 mount :) can do everything of the screen anyway, yep just got the Nav as it was all integrated on the water cooled GSA

Back
Top Bottom