Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MZ ETZ 250

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I had one once. Great fun.
    I still have the complete tool kit if you are interested...

Yes, it's toolkit is missing, will pm you....

I won't bore you with pictures of rubbed down swingarms, ghastly electrics etc, but I put the finishing touches to the old MZ today with a rather fetching ammo box for my newly aquired (from a forum member, cheers David) full original toolkit. It's original place under the side panel is occupied by the electronic ignition black box. Work done includes new brake line, pads and Chinese copy Suzuki Gn125 master cylinder, seat cover, replacement rear wheel, new tyres, rubbing down and repainting odds and sods with whatever paint I had in the garage.
    Worst bodge found? - one rear wheel bearing outer race was spinning n the hub, although someone had 'rectified' this by peening the alloy around it to hold it in place.

That looks a credit to you, paintwork has come up well. Plus that new silencer sets it off well

Thanks Steve,
    It has scrubbed up well .
    The paint now shines but has plenty of chips and marks. Part of it's history and I don't think it justifies a repaint, so it's staying as it is.
    The silencer came from Germany, about £40 new. It's ready for it's first MZ rally in September

Looks a cracker!

Restoration and Paint services

07714 266 627

www.ctmotorcycleservices.co.uk

www.facebook.com/ctmotorcycleservices

Quote Originally Posted by fatnfast View Post
    Thanks Steve,
    It has scrubbed up well .
    The paint now shines but has plenty of chips and marks. Part of it's history and I don't think it justifies a repaint, so it's staying as it is.
    The silencer came from Germany, about £40 new. It's ready for it's first MZ rally in September
    Very nice indeed.
    I do like that.

Can I join the dibs queue if you come to sell it please ?
    I think I'm now second, behind peeping.

Thanks you, and yes, your second in line if I ever part with her

Tool Kit

Phil, I do like that. Glad you like the tool kit.
    That's set me off looking for one for myself!!
    I last owned one in 1988..
    Dave

I can see an MZ would be perfect for pottering around your country lanes and negotiating your gravel drive Dave .

I am currently rewiring a rare MZ Simson Enduro for a pal; he is going to sell it afterwards although it's only 50cc and 45mph top speed, so maybe not.

.......and you can't have your toolkit back.......:-)

Phil.

It's an MZ club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12