L124 out of Freiburg / Schauinsland - Awesome!

Flaming T

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If.... you haven't been and thinking of going, a must is the L124 out of Freiburg... IT'S AN AWESOME ROAD....so much so, for part of it we did 5 times. :D

Yep, the L124 is the road up to Schauinsland, great views and awsome road.But be careful,there are signs now that the road is closed for motorbikes on weekends and bank holidays, too many accidents over the years.

1530 miles later and no issues with the Nav5.:D. Took us from Calais to Baden Baden following the route I had wanted (France, Belgium, Luxembourg then Germany) which I reversed for the homeward trip :thumb2 then for the two separate routes for Thursday & Friday, followed what I had plotted. As a bonus, I also used the function to find a petrol station and add it to the route. This takes you off route and then returns you to the same point..... very clever :bow and was a god send for the others that had smaller tanks. :beerjug:

As a side note, if you haven't been and thinking of going, a must is the L124 out of Freiburg... IT'S AN AWESOME ROAD....so much so, for part of it we did 5 times. :D

I will have to search out this road and add it to my route for when I go at the end of July. Heading to the Alps via reims, sandbach, and down the B500...:D got all the routes planed and ready to load:bounce1:thumby:

I will have to search out this road and add it to my route for when I go at the end of July. Heading to the Alps via reims, sandbach, and down the B500...:D got all the routes planed and ready to load:bounce1:thumby:

There is a bikers cafe at the top of the ridge... we kept turning around at this point and going down to the bottom of the valley turning round and going back to the cafe.... it's like a helter scelter of bends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a bikers cafe at the top of the ridge... we kept turning around at this point and going down to the bottom of the valley turning round and going back to the cafe.... it's like a helter scelter of bends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D sounds awesome... the thought of you going up and down again and again made me lol......

:D sounds awesome... the thought of you going up and down again and again made me lol......

Just for you then..... this is a section of the route that 'Strava' was plotting :D

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 386
So am I right you are running Strava on a GS?

I use it so I can re-trace the ride at anytime in the future. We often go out and just ride roads not knowing where they may take us. If it tirns out to be a good ride, I can then plot it on BaseCamp for another day.

I use it so I can re-trace the ride at anytime in the future. We often go out and just ride roads not knowing where they may take us. If it tirns out to be a good ride, I can then plot it on BaseCamp for another day.

Doesnt that mean you take personal records for all the sections? On what is a cycle based app.

If.... you haven't been and thinking of going, a must is the L124 out of Freiburg... IT'S AN AWESOME ROAD....so much so, for part of it we did 5 times. :D

Thanks for this. I've just about been on every road round Freiburg but somehow not this one. Google mapped it and you tubed it and it looks great fun - on my list for this year. Thanks again.

Thanks for this. I've just about been on every road round Freiburg but somehow not this one. Google mapped it and you tubed it and it looks great fun - on my list for this year. Thanks again.

You're welcome... I'd go back in a heart beat and ride the rest of it.

Back
Top Bottom