Where Do You Guys Buy Your Service Items?

PhaedrusMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I got my consumables from www.motorcycleshop.ie, but need to get the crush washers for the drain & filler bolts. Motoworks do a handy kit, but delivery wouldn't arrive till next week (I was hoping to do the work over the weekend).

Where in Dublin might do the crush washers?

Mark. :thumb2

Most car dealers will stock them, there's a couple of different diameter sizes, but I'm not aware of any difference in depth.

Someone will now prove me wrong !

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I got my consumables from www.motorcycleshop.ie, but need to get the crush washers for the drain & filler bolts. Motoworks do a handy kit, but delivery wouldn't arrive till next week (I was hoping to do the work over the weekend).

Where in Dublin might do the crush washers?

Mark. :thumb2
Duffys should have them in stock f
or very little dosh

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

get mine in Kearys . Unless I'm already orderingbstuff from BMWbayer/motorworks /motobins in which case I'll inclued in order as local dealer is a tad expensive but justified for convenience and saving postage costs. car parts suppliers also carry crush washers, they will probably have a little box of them and you can pick whicherver bets fits yuor needs, only thing is that there is a chance they will only have copper crush washers so they might not suit?

Duffy's will have them for me on Saturday.

I've pezoomed all along that www would always be cheaper than anywhere in Ireland, given that Paddy is notoriously expensive. But Duffy's is no dearer than www for those crush washers.

BTW, I'm replacing the crush washers of the drain bolts for engine oil, transmission oil, and final drive oil. No need to replace any washers/rings on the fill plugs? No need to replace the drain bolts themselves?

:thumb2

ALL crush washers.
RealOEM.com will give you part numbers and dimensions for all washers.
👍

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The oil filler in the lhs rocker cover has 2 o-rings, one in the removable piece and one more sealing the plastic seat into the alloy rocker cover. If you get a leak there, it probably means replacing the second o-ring. The plastic seat just pulls out...

I'd just head up to duffys. Give them a call first to make sure they have the bits in stock but for the most part, the parts department there would be my first port of call. If you do the motorworks route, get it sent to parcel motel. Works out a bit cheaper and arrives much, much quicker than any normal postage.

Paddy? Wouldn't let him piss on me if I was on fire and dying in agony.

The oil filler in the lhs rocker cover has 2 o-rings, one in the removable piece and one more sealing the plastic seat into the alloy rocker cover. If you get a leak there, it probably means replacing the second o-ring. The plastic seat just pulls out...

Mine started leaking last weekend on the way home from Wales. £5.36 for the replacement kit from Motorworks plus £3 postage. I can stand the cost after fifteen and a half years.

crush washers

Somewhere on here are the Mahle filter numbers. I seem to remember they make the OEM filters for BMW. You can get them from Southside motor factors on Kylemore road in Dublin and as they supply a lot of smaller factors......
The handy thing is that there is a suffix letter for the filter, i think its C which means you get a crush washer for the drain plug with the filter. So if the filter is A12345X you order A12345XC. If you give them a ring theyll sort it for you .

I just give the part number (from REAL OEM) to my local BMW car dealer and they supply the washers to me.
Apparently a lot of the same washers are also used in their cars and if not they usually get them in around a day or so.

I'll do just that. I've got all the part numbers except the transmission drain bolt crush washer - it's not listed (so far as I can see) on the diagram on RealOEM. Any further info available from the Tosserpedia?

I recall getting a set of washers from Motorworks - their part no SIA63400C - for the engine, gearbox and FD oil change and noticing that at least three of them were identical. I can't remember which was which but if the dimensions of the transmission drain bolt (not sure if this is available online but I would guess so) are the same as one of the others you might already have the washer. That may not be of any help but I know where you're at.

The engine oil filler cap is a weird design, no? The cap screws into an insert, which - on my bike anyway - rotates in its threaded home. How is such a design expected to not leak? The insert must be removable, as it requires seals to, according to RealOEM.

Anyway, all done. Happy chappy. Got my crush washers from Duffy in Finglas.

I know its a tad late, but next time, heat your copper washer up red with a blow torch, drop into a mug of water, and reuse.

Back
Top Bottom