Peru, cusco

scoobert

Reaction score
Going on a vacation to Peru and cusco.
There is a local place that rents bikes there, http://www.perumototours.com Has anyone here used them?
I sent them an email today, but no answer as of yet.
I want to use them for a bike tour and hire.
Thanks!

I guess I will be the first report, on here, of them then. I will be renting the honda 400 falcon. A bike I have never heard of. Taking it from 11,000' to 16,000' down to 200'.
Was going to rent the 250, but they were sold out. The 400 looks wider anyway, so more comfort I hope.
Price is stupid expensive for Peru. Its going to over $100 a day, and I am on the hook for breakdowns.
Someone has a Peruvian mansion I think.

Good luck and be careful. If you're doing this all on your own without a guided tour Peru is a bit risky in terms of being safe.
Just take as much advice as you can get. I had a colleague who was kidnapped in Peru many years ago and another who was robbed of everything but his underwear in a taxi!

We travelled through Peru in December 2016/January 2017 from Ecuador to Bolivia. We spent Christmas at Nazca.
Anyway, not once did we feel any threat, yes there are very poor areas.
Maybe our sidecar outfit helped to break the ice........other travellers we know also didn't experience anything negative.
Apart from a very overpriced pick up truck ride for a broken down motorcycle.

www.sidecartravels.co.uk

During my entire trip I never felt any threat at all. I even went to muzaco. I did get quite a few laughs from the town for wearing over the calf socks with shorts, the entire town...
I posted one of the ride videos already. Needless to say, it was amazing.

Back
Top Bottom