Thread: Portsmouth ferry

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Portsmouth ferry

Group of us heading for the Sunday night Portsmouth ferry in a few weeks time.

Looking for a pub or restaurant within 90 minutes of the ferry for a meal before boarding. I've seen a couple of pubs at Winchester and Fareham but I'd appreciate recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by harry the cat View Post

Looking for a pub or restaurant within 90 minutes of the ferry for a meal before boarding. I've seen a couple of pubs at Winchester and Fareham but I'd appreciate recommendations.
    We always stop here http://sevenstarsstroud.co.uk it's less than 30 minutes to the ferry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Quote Originally Posted by dave hendy View Post
    We always stop here http://sevenstarsstroud.co.uk it's less than 30 minutes to the ferry

Nice one

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by dave hendy View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks Dave

Not sure what time your Ferry check-in is - we usually get ourselves all the way to Pompey & use one of the Pubs/Restaurants on Spice Island.

Kinda gets you in the mood, indeed you may even see your ship inbound coming through the narrow harbour entrance.

Have a safe trip ..................... KEN

Quote Originally Posted by squibb34 View Post
    Not sure what time your Ferry check-in is - we usually get ourselves all the way to Pompey & use one of the Pubs/Restaurants on Spice Island.

Kinda gets you in the mood, indeed you may even see your ship inbound coming through the narrow harbour entrance.

Have a safe trip ..................... KEN
    Thanks Ken. Bit scary. Press gangs, prostitutes, ruffians, and that's just my travelling companions (except for the prostitutes obviously - he said quickly). Don't know the area. Easy to park by a pub?

Thanks Ken. Bit scary. Press gangs, prostitutes, ruffians, and that's just my travelling companions (except for the prostitutes obviously - he said quickly). Don't know the area. Easy to park by a pub?
    You are right, quite some history. We have always managed to get a free spot by the Spice Island Inn (2 hours), near the disabled parking bays.

Alternatively there is a P&D off East Street (I'm not sure of the bike rules), behind the Spinnaker Cafe, adjacent to the Land Rover/BAR set up. You need to wriggle around a one-way system to get to the entrance; just have a look on Google Streetview.

.................... KEN

The two main pubs at Spice island are very nice but its a very narrow cobbled street and there is no parking directly outside, there is within a few mins walk but its public and on the road, you'll be able to park outside this pub http://www.bridge-tavern-portsmouth.co.uk all 3 pubs are about 10 min ride to ferry, if you don't mind Hungry horse food there's the Sovereigns pub 2 mins from ferry port and private parking at the rear, google Sovereigns Portsmouth. Have a great trip.

Thanks for these. Heading that way in July.
    Out on the floor - K.T.F.