2006 XL1200R Roadster

Clifton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For whatever reason this Sportster has my interest. I've just emailed the seller but haven't heard back yet. Mileage and price seems reasonable in fact I would think that if kept in nice condition it should always be worth $3,000. Anyone have one or familiar enough with them to talk me out of this? https://morgantown.craigslist.org/mcy/6112587111.html

"Exc. Cond. 5,340 miles Runs Great no scratches dings or dents new battery last year bike comes with Cover, Owners manual, Service Manual and stock seat. Bike needs nothing just get on and ride. Call or E-mail me if you have any questions. Pickup at my house in person. PLEASE CASH ONLY. THANK YOU"

For whatever reason this Sportster has my interest. I've just emailed the seller but haven't heard back yet. Mileage and price seems reasonable in fact I would think that if kept in nice condition it should always be worth $3,000. Anyone have one or familiar enough with them to talk me out of this? https://morgantown.craigslist.org/mcy/6112587111.html

"Exc. Cond. 5,340 miles Runs Great no scratches dings or dents new battery last year bike comes with Cover, Owners manual, Service Manual and stock seat. Bike needs nothing just get on and ride. Call or E-mail me if you have any questions. Pickup at my house in person. PLEASE CASH ONLY. THANK YOU"

I liked mine. At that money, I wouldn't hesitate. A surprisingly usable Sportster...just shove decent shocks on and attend to the forks and you're sorted. Is it for sale close to you?

Thanks Doris, yes right near by.

A top tip for those black engines is to use ACF50. Put it on and then wipe off the surplus.

Did you buy it...?

No the seller didn't bother to respond to my Email enquiry and I chose to not follow up with a phone call. I just like that version of Sportster but i came to my senses, it really isn't something I need. In fact I think I'm going to sell my FJ-09, MG Griso, and Road King to get to one main bike along with the Airhead of course.
The idea is to try and simplify my life and in reality the GSA does everything those bikes do, and probably better.

I really believe it's a good buy. If anyone's interested in it I'd be happy to follow up and ring him.

I'm always slimming down the toy box..... And when empty I start filling it again.... It's the circle of life..

That always seems to be the case with me too but I'm more determined this time.

Back
Top Bottom