Autorail from Dusseldorf thoughts?

I just changed them from private to public, please try again.

They work now.

The lack of comedy clips of bikes falling over and / or bods falling off, drops you several points.

In the opening clip, do we hear someone worrying about their screen breaking, as the train is travelling backwards, “at these sort of velocities”?

It’s the same from the north of England, which is why I use North Sea ferries, but the cost of an overnight ferry crossing + autorail is extortionate. It’s much cheaper to let Euro Bike Trans transport the bike to Pisa to save time and money if Italy is the focus of your tour

I looked at Euro Bike Trans but I'd have to leave it Thursday and collect the next week. In between I'd have to come home (costs both ways) or fly out then and waste most of a week in Italy with no bike. The reverse would happen too - I'd fly home and them have to get to Manchester the next week to ride 6 hours north back home again. Unfortunately, it doesn't work when you live so far north.

I’ve used the Düsseldorf to Verona and Düsseldorf to Vienna services. Thought it was great. Allowed us to get further South than we could have managed in our restricted time.

They work now.

The lack of comedy clips of bikes falling over and / or bods falling off, drops you several points.

In the opening clip, do we hear someone worrying about their screen breaking, as the train is travelling backwards, “at these sort of velocities”?

It’s fairly tricky riding a fully laden GS on the uneven wagon floors, so I was very pleased to avoid the comedy moment, especially as there were so many witnesses.

In the clip I had been explaining to my wife the extra strapping with suckers stopping the screen breaking at the fast reversing when the screen is designed for the wind velocity going in the opposite direction.

Hi all just an update I’ve booked up the train from Düsseldorf to Innsbruck and then a return journey on bucking up I put temp registration numbers in for the bikes then changed before booking but sadly due to the trips being separate I changed it on the return journey but not the outgoing !... so the question is how strict are they on the reg number of the Bike and I can show the return journey tickets with correct reg would that pacify the guard ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needless to say I’ve contacted obb and say just see the guard on the station !..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom