Replacement Screen or Wind Deflector recommendations???

Around the national speed limit and higher, but also with side winds, bumpy roads. The standard one did too, but to a lesser degree.

It's now got a Puig touring one on with their brackets and it's rock steady. I'm sure the Cymarc ones are good too.

It may not happen on yours as it is newer.

Ok thanks,

I've ordered the Cymark screen brace anyway. Can't stand things wobbling around.

Even the standard screen is only just acceptable, so if it's any worse than that it'll be a distraction I won't want.

LBJGSA

Can you Pm me with a price for the tinted GSA screen please very interested
Rob

Givi touring screen from Motorworks, no buffeting way in exc..........er...... even at 70mph.At 5` 10" I have it set around half way on the adjuster so I can see over it and the wind just goes over the top of my helmet even with an open visor

b8f115a117068a33d7f8b2c66aa6434b.png

LBJGSA

Can you Pm me with a price for the tinted GSA screen please very interested
Rob

Hi there. I think they are about £170, but both times I have bought one, I have had a bit of haggle (alongside a new bike deal) and ended up paying about £140. The most recent one (bought last week) was actually part of the overall deal so difficult to put an exact number on it. There is an aftermarket 'copy' by one of the well known companies (can't remember which of Puig, Wunderlich, etc) which is about £70 and I have seen mentions of it on ADV forum, but I don't know what they are like. Speak to your local BMW dealer and see what they will do you one for. :)

Being over 6' 1" the standard GS screen on a 16 plate works fine for me, but interestingly on a recent GSA test ride, which I thought would be quieter, the screen caused more wind noise. :nenau

The GS screen is quieter with less buffeting than the GSA wider screen for most people under 6 foot too.

So I have two mates both 6'2" and when they sit next to each other one is a short arse.
We need measurements from seat to chin.
I'll do mine at the weekend :)

The MRA tall screen is the same size as the GSA screen, but without the top and bottom wide parts. Then you have the X screen part which makes it taller, so far it has cleaned the air flow and make it quieter, I'm going to play around with it but the first 120 miles and it's a big improvement.

R1200GSA TB

I had great results from an MRA on my last GS LC, and when I test rode the GSA I was amazed at how noisy the screen was and how much buffeting there was, irrespective of the position I put it in. I ordered the MRA from eBay, a seller I'd used before (Only £95) and the odd thing, that nobody would believe without riding it themselves, is the smaller MRA Vario Screen is quieter and gives less buffeting than the GSA standard screen. I'm just the wrong side of 6' tall. So the MRA's performance belies it's relatively small dimensions. I tried it for 100 miles today and it's a noticeable improvement.

Here's the eBay dude I used

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R-120...815465?hash=item465762fba9:g:yVQAAOSwal5YCctY

I've also just ordered an MRA Vario screen for my 2016 R1200GS - https://www.louis.ie/artikel/mra-multi-x-creen-complete-windshield/10011287?filter_article_number=10011288.

I found the stock screen gives a bit of buffeting at the top of my lid so hopefully the new screen will alleviate it. Not particularly tall at 5'9" but I found even with the stock screen at highest position there was a bit of wind-bouncing going on. Ideally I'd like to be able to ride with an open visor, whilst still being able to look over the top of the screen, but that might be bit of a tall order. We'll see.

If you let me know how much you want for the tinted adventure screen if it's ok I'll have it

I have the Givi screen with the MRA vario bolted to it and on my recent trip to Italy it was awesome! I had the screen at its lowest setting and the vario only just clearing the top of it. At 6'1 it was perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Slipsceen copy of the GSA screen on my LC. At 5 10 with short body, it suits me in the 85% fully up position. Screen was £55 in grey tint.
Bought the same. I'm 6ft. Think it's fab.
Had the Puig touring screen prior to it. The Puig had better wind protection across shoulders but the turbulence was terrible. The wind thumped the back of my lid so much it gave me a head ache :blast

I fitted an MRA lip to the standard 1200GS LC screen and it is really wobbly in the wind at 70mph it is about 2 inches bent back, I dont like that as i it looks like its putting too much pressure on the mounts ??

Im interested in the tinted Adventure screen hence the posts re price !!

Rob

I fitted an MRA lip to the standard 1200GS LC screen and it is really wobbly in the wind at 70mph it is about 2 inches bent back, I dont like that as i it looks like its putting too much pressure on the mounts ??

Im interested in the tinted Adventure screen hence the posts re price !!

Rob

I can sell you the dark tinted puig touring screen if you like? Probably 20 mins from Romford (once on the bike). I think the tinted adventure screen is £285 or £300. I had my clear adventure screen wrapped instead.

I can sell you the dark tinted puig touring screen if you like? Probably 20 mins from Romford (once on the bike). I think the tinted adventure screen is £285 or £300. I had my clear adventure screen wrapped instead.

Out of interest, what did it cost to have the adventure screen wrapped and do you have some pics? Presumably, it's now opaque and you can't see through it at all? I am using the tinted 'rallye' screen, but I have the standard clear screen and would consider wrapping if it works well. I can't stand totally clear screens stylistically. :)

Out of interest, what did it cost to have the adventure screen wrapped and do you have some pics? Presumably, it's now opaque and you can't see through it at all? I am using the tinted 'rallye' screen, but I have the standard clear screen and would consider wrapping if it works well. I can't stand totally clear screens stylistically. :)

£20 while I was having the panniers wrapped. You're correct, totally opaque. It's classed as limo tint which just means it's a bit shiny. It's ok, but not perfect. Told myself I would keep it wrapped until a decent priced OEM screen came up here.
dba79f99ab8a5810c65a07160dbcd691.png

£20 while I was having the panniers wrapped. You're correct, totally opaque. It's classed as limo tint which just means it's a bit shiny. It's ok, but not perfect. Told myself I would keep it wrapped until a decent priced OEM screen came up here.
dba79f99ab8a5810c65a07160dbcd691.png

Thanks dude. Looks good. £20 is a bargain too. Where did you have the wrap done? I guess the down side is that it is opaque. I had a full tint GSA screen previously, but could still see (a bit) through it....which is handy for bricks in the fast lane etc! :) I definitely prefer the GS screen which is narrower. Slightly more wind on the shoulders, but cleaner air somehow and better vision. I might bite the bullet and get a tinted one for touring, if the 'rallye' screen doesn't do the business on the motorways (but I think the 'pay back' is on the mountain passes, where the shorter screen is more fun - and maximum vision). I note the tinted visor on the Schuberth. Wonder if a full tint is available for the BMW flip up (2016)? The internal tinted flip down is excellent, but I miss the full tint 'look'. :)

:eek:.... this thread is going to run and run. :blagblah

Hugely debated subject already but FWIW, i changed my OEM (GSA) screen for a MRA Vario Touring (www.bikehps.com). I am 5f 11Inch tall and get no buffeting on the head at any speed. It works for me :beerjug:

Hi does this screen come with the additional spoiler?

Back
Top Bottom