Bike Security - Pragmasis Chain

I was out yesterday and had to lock my bike up. Using the Pragmasis D-Lock 190mm Version.

Think I've found the ideal setup and position on the front wheel. Fits really snug, not a hardship to locate it here and all good. Nice and easy.

Attachments

• Locking 1.jpg
    Locking 1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 529
  • Locking 2.jpg
    Locking 2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 529
  • Locking 3.jpg
    Locking 3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 531
  • Locking 4.jpg
    Locking 4.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 517
Fairly big, so you shouldn't forget its fitted either. :eek:

Attachments

• Locking 5.jpg
    Locking 5.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 656
  • Locking 6.jpg
    Locking 6.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 527
  • Locking 7.jpg
    Locking 7.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 521
  • Locking 8.jpg
    Locking 8.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 519
It's like it was made for the GSA :beerjug:

I'm also fitting the RoadLok when it arrives, this mainly to support the D-Lock so that the wheel can't be moved by accident once it's applied.

It'll hopefully stop the dreaded "forgotten Disc Lock" scenario as the bike won't move anyways.

Actually, thats another really good reason to use the 13mm noose chain when mobile.

As it fits through the rear axle it doesn't rely on the anti-pinch pin. So nothing to accidently leave in situ.

The chain and lock have to be removed, no mistakes.

Just a little addon to this, I made myself a little hook that fits through the axle to grab the 13mm chain to pull it through easier.

Just a little addon to this, I made myself a little hook that fits through the axle to grab the 13mm chain to pull it through easier.

Yep, I do the same with a big black cable tie. Helps pull the chain through

I like the fact it fits through both front discs.

Its almost like having two disc locks fitted.

hopefully slow down the :moped: thieves.

Just checked the cost - good value!

Well I'm trying to get a good workable set-up going.

So 2 meter 13mm chain and dumbell lock carried in top box for when you need to leave bike for any length of time away from home. Anchored to something appropriate.

190mm D-Lock through both discs on front wheel for temporary stops. Stored in top box or under top-box carrier.

Roadlok for temporary stops and supporting roll for D-Lock. So bike can't accidentally be moved while D-lock in place. Always in situ.

Roadlok is also a backup if you ever forget the D-lock for some reason.

Did pragmasis key the D lock to fit your existing D21 while you waited?

As I am local...

They have 'keyed alike' sets in stock.

I called and asked if they would accept a returns on my previously purchased lock if I brought it back in perfect condition.

They agreed and I swapped it over for an identical lock but now keyed alike with the new D-Lock.

Think they charged me £5 extra for the keyed alike part, which I accepted for the convenience.

Not that it matters too much as the locks are cheap enough.

It can't be keyed alike with the Squire Range of padlocks though.

Only the dumbell locks.

Careful you don't distort the ABS ring as you fit and remove it

I know you don't need to take my word for it, but it fits really easily without clunking into anything else.

So the ABS ring is safely out of the way.

The other option is to feed the shackle through from the other side.

Either way. Easy.

Back
Top Bottom