Mosel wine Route

leedude03

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The Moselle route from Trier is very pretty but on a sunny summer day is an absolute pain due to numerous speed restrictions and dithering shed draggers and wobble box drivers (mainly Dutch)

I’ve stayed in both Cochem and Klotten for 2 nights and enjoyed a very scenic circular tour on the middle day.

It’s really nice winding along the Mosel on a quiet evening too.

Floating along the Mosel still stands out in my mind as one of the finest rides I've ever done- have been a number of times and think I've been lucky- having minimal obstacles pretty much every time I've been there... and it's always been sunny :)

This is a pretty good map of it:

Mosel-RadkarteWinzertourKopie.jpg

When and if you get bored, you can always rip up the 'Ring

acbffcc52e57f6dee3a5bc5e9d6cf41f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Moselle route from Trier is very pretty but on a sunny summer day is an absolute pain due to numerous speed restrictions and dithering shed draggers and wobble box drivers (mainly Dutch)
Cloggies just love the Mosel.....and their caravans...and they all tend to go on holiday at once....:(. The Mosel is beautiful however my favourite way to enjoy it is to ride in the surrounding area but ensure your route drops down into the valley at some strategic points for say lunch or refreshments. Can recommend the small village of Reil which has a nice place to stop for a bite - The Reiler Hof.

I do like a nice ride down the Moselle. I might look into a trip following Wappings recomendation.

It's a nice area to ride, Trier is well worth a visit. I can recommend this hotel, I've stayed here a few times when on motorcycle tours. It's got it's own micro brewery and a great beer garden, and indoor pool. It' a pleasant 15 minute walk to the town centre, passing the amphitheatre on the way.

Cheers i will have a look.
Actrually the routes have gone as the post was still on the old forum spec so here are 2 new ones which take into account the Mosel river:

Eifel tour 1

Eifel 2

pretty similalr

Actrually the routes have gone as the post was still on the old forum spec so here are 2 new ones which take into account the Mosel river:

Eifel tour 1

Eifel 2

pretty similalr
Again thanks. I am in Cochem this year. Think i can save those onto my MRA

It's a nice area to ride, Trier is well worth a visit. I can recommend this hotel, I've stayed here a few times when on motorcycle tours. It's got it's own micro brewery and a great beer garden, and indoor pool. It' a pleasant 15 minute walk to the town centre, passing the amphitheatre on the way.

Yes, a nice hotel. Stayed there in 2016 and wanted to book again for this year. Seems it is popular as there was no space in June for my small group wanting 4 rooms. Pricey now, as well. We will be in a place on the Kues side of Bernkastel-Kues.

Back
Top Bottom