Thread: K1600 farkles

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

K1600 farkles

Guys/Gals,

Being a newbie to all things 'K' (I'm usually an unashamed supporter of all things 'GS') I've asked if any of you lads, being Yeomen of the K, thought there was a need for any farkling of such a battle cruiser (more bombs maybe

'Topcat' has been very kind in suggesting that I consider an alternative to w/lich's which topcoat says is very expensive at a few sheckles less than £90.

This is what I've come up with - I don't really like doing 'cheap' (as some of the GS lads will kindly say my stuff is well made) however in this instance I think I've come up with something which is nearly half the price yet still is a product fired from my focused loins of lurve.

Topcat has said he will 'review' what I've made so I'll be sending it to him next week to ask him for his feedback on its suitability. It's not always the easiest thing to take sooooo much cost out of something yet still end up with something not half bad - I'm sure Topcat will advise!

Anyway this is what it is, it's very 'unsubstantial' as I'm aware of the weight issue yet it's still made from stainless and still IMHO gives a good level of protection as well as making an ugly 'void' look a little more appealing - if I make any commercially they will be in black I think.

Any constructive comments much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good and as you say black would be better again

320 kgs before luggage and fat man are plonked on it and now more weight is added. How many 1600's have had their oil cooling radiator holed?

Do you really need that on a bike which is totally road focused ?

I do agree with you - I'm very reluctant to add an ounce to it but some people do want one and I'm responding to one of us and his request. I don't think it's meant to 'guard' against a hole (that seems a rare risk) - I think some see the 'void' on the intake something that can be enhanced maybe?

Do you not think the K1600 is more for riding than looking at

Yup