How do I get points announced, please?

Is your question on:

1. How to make routes in BaseCamp / Mapsource / other route creation software with announced (and unannounced) points?

2. Getting your Nav VI to announce the (announced) waypoints you've created?

3. Both?

4. Something else?

Is your question on:

1. How to make routes in BaseCamp / Mapsource / other route creation software with announced (and unannounced) points?

2. Getting your Nav VI to announce the (announced) waypoints you've created?

3. Both?

4. Something else?

No. 2 - sort of! I can create a route with waypoints no problem but didn't know that you can have either announced or unannounced waypoints. It's how to turn a waypoint I've created into an announced one that is baffling me.

Are you using:

1. BaseCamp

2. Mapsource

3. Something else, if so what?

4. A Mac

5. A PC

I only ask as, when creating a route on a home computer, the method of choosing whether to have a point as 'announced' or silent (simply a shaping point) varies between each. Getting it right there makes it easier when the route eventually makes its way onto your Nav VI, so it's best to start there.

Don't want to? OK...

The points can be changed from announced to unannounced (and visa-versa) from within most modern Garmin devices; most certainly within the Navigator V and VI. But we can get to that later.... let's start at the beginning....

Can't wait? OK...

Here's how to change a waypoint into a shaping point and visa-versa from within a Navigator V.

Home screen

Apps

Trip planner

Trip

Blue dots (unannounced shaping points) / orange flags (announced waypoints)

Top left corner, three horizontal lines, tap on them

Edit destinations

Tap on blue dot or orange flag

A blue dot will change into an orange flag, whilst an orange flag will change into a blue dot. When changing from an orange flag into a blue dot, an additional screen will pop up. Read it and act accordingly.

You may see some recalculation. Worry about it or not as you see fit. Either way, there are loads of posts, threads and websites on the whole thorny recalculation issue.

No. 2 - sort of! I can create a route with waypoints no problem but didn't know that you can have either announced or unannounced waypoints. It's how to turn a waypoint I've created into an announced one that is baffling me.

If your using basecamp and PC just double click on the route in the lower left box, this will open up the route properties, in the properties tab you can right click on any via point and change it from dont announce to announce on arrival or vice versa.
Hope this helps

As if to make a point, BaseCamp on a Mac creates all points used to shape a route as announced waypoints (not as unannounced shaping points) by default.

You can then opt to change them individually or all at once into silent (unannounced) shaping points in several ways.

Are you using:

1. BaseCamp

2. Mapsource

3. Something else, if so what?

4. A Mac

5. A PC

I only ask as, when creating a route on a home computer, the method of choosing whether to have a point as 'announced' or silent (simply a shaping point) varies between each. Getting it right there makes it easier when the route eventually makes its way onto your Nav VI, so it's best to start there.

Don't want to? OK...

The points can be changed from announced to unannounced (and visa-versa) from within most modern Garmin devices; most certainly within the Navigator V and VI. But we can get to that later.... let's start at the beginning....

Can't wait? OK...

1 & 4

If your using basecamp and PC just double click on the route in the lower left box, this will open up the route properties, in the properties tab you can right click on any via point and change it from dont announce to announce on arrival or vice versa.
Hope this helps

Got it now, thanks Pablo1

BaseCamp and Mac

By default every time you drag the magenta route line onto the road(s) you want to take, the dot it leaves behind will be an announced waypoint.

When you send the route to your Navigator VI the announced waypoints will go across to. These will appear as little orange flags on the device's map.

BaseCamp and Mac

By default every time you drag the magenta route line onto the road(s) you want to take, the dot it leaves behind will be an announced waypoint.

When you send the route to your Navigator VI the announced waypoints will go across to. These will appear as little orange flags on the device's map.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom