Sat Nav mount Fault ??

King55

Reaction score
Hi

Strange thing going on with my Sat Nav and mount, i can pair my phone and Nav IV and my helmet together in the house
but when i put the Nav in the holder it says its connected but i loose voice guidance and music, take it out the cradle and it reconnects to the helmet and alls well.
It all used to work properly but i have lost the wheel function once or twice in the rain.
Anybody else had a problem ?

Dave UK

I haven't had this challenge (yet) but you are not the first person to mention this.

If the bike is still under warranty; I would be heading back to the local Stealer and get them to sort it.

Took the bike for second service (£199 by the way) and mentioned the Sat Nav IV not talking to the helmet when mounted to the bike, the
phone still works through the Nav just no voice or music. Had it checked and the answer came back it was to old and the mount only supports
the Nav V and new Nav VI, surprise surprise. Was sure this worked when i picked the bike up last year but can't really remember.
Two options sell mine and upgrade or work out the pins and just kid the mount to just send power supply tom my Nav IV and sacrifice the wheel etc.
if thats what it is.

Anybody know the pin configurations to mask them accordingly ?

Dave

Its maybe an idea to try on another bike, then the nav is confirmed as the issue or not,
There may have been firmware changes in updates,,,
roamer,

Just an update, completely wiped the and reset the Nav IV and paired it all up and i got it working, i think the Samsung S7 connected via the sat Nav can cause issues
as does the order of who connects to what connects to who first. but at lease its not the mount. Leave the phone off and it seems to be ok. It has highlighted how slow the Nav IV is
compared to the VI and also my S7 has Tom Tom on it and that seem way better than the Nav IV. Can see me off loading the old Nav and maybe investing in a decent waterproof phone mount, any suggestions.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom