Norway Last minute decision

Been -------- back -------- another brilliant Norway trip .:thumb2
Right up there in the best riding destinations .

Welcome back - glad you had a good trip! :beerjug:
Thanks , it really is a brill riding destination , Mixture of Scotland,Austria and Alaska all in one country
Only drawback is the £££££££££ BUT it IS manageable .
Fuel money
Campsite fees
Self cater from supermarkets
The roadworks can be an adventure on their own ----------!!!!!

Thanks , it really is a brill riding destination , Mixture of Scotland,Austria and Alaska all in one country
Only drawback is the £££££££££ BUT it IS manageable .
Fuel money
Campsite fees
Self cater from supermarkets
The roadworks can be an adventure on their own ----------!!!!!

Agree with all of this - we love the place and if your careful how you spend your money its very possible. Looking forward to my run up later this year. Heard from a few other travellers that there are lots of roadworks this year, specially on the E6....

Agree with all of this - we love the place and if your careful how you spend your money its very possible. Looking forward to my run up later this year. Heard from a few other travellers that there are lots of roadworks this year, specially on the E6....
There are a LOT of road works every where ( must be costing a fortune ��) there are a lot of road works on the E6 .
Most of the road works have temp surface /diversions, but not all , I would urge caution on them ��

There are a LOT of road works every where ( must be costing a fortune ��) there are a lot of road works on the E6 .
Most of the road works have temp surface /diversions, but not all , I would urge caution on them ��

Thanks for the heads- up, Symon....:beerjug:

I got back last week from a 3 week trip to nordcapp, similar to you on the way up though we got the ferry from hirtshalls to Bergen, the roadworks were quite frequent in Norway but we returned through Finland and the odd bits of roadworks there were quite unbelievable, all of a sudden the tarmac would disappear completely and you would have to navigate mud roads for up to ten miles, not a problem of course for the sturdy GSA but my mates on a Harley road king and an M1800R intruder were nearly crying,
we got the ferry from Helsinki to lubek, it was 30 hours but it kept the mileage down to just 5,000 by not riding back through estonia, Latvia, Poland etc,
I would love to go back sometime to explore the coastal roads and islands a little more, as said above the cabins on the campsites were reasonable as there were 3 of us sharing the coast, a little bit expensive if you are flying solo, plenty of campsites all the way up though so no need to plan ahead, just go and ride,
We stayed for 3 nights at nordcapp about 25 miles south of the kapp, had awful weather when we arrived and couldn't see a thing when we rode up there for the midnight sun, so we stayed a bit longer for it to clear and finally got to see it without the clouds and rain and force 9 gales, well worth it,
A strange thing happened on the way up though, as we came out of a tunnel onto the nordcapp island all of our sat navs developed a glitch, all 3 garmins, different models went black and the times etc went haywire, all of them suddenly went down to 20% brightness and we had to reset them all, another friend who arrived the following day had the same glitch on his Garmin, twilight zone methinks.

I got back last week from a 3 week trip to nordcapp, similar to you on the way up though we got the ferry from hirtshalls to Bergen, the roadworks were quite frequent in Norway but we returned through Finland and the odd bits of roadworks there were quite unbelievable, all of a sudden the tarmac would disappear completely and you would have to navigate mud roads for up to ten miles, not a problem of course for the sturdy GSA but my mates on a Harley road king and an M1800R intruder were nearly crying,
we got the ferry from Helsinki to lubek, it was 30 hours but it kept the mileage down to just 5,000 by not riding back through estonia, Latvia, Poland etc,
I would love to go back sometime to explore the coastal roads and islands a little more, as said above the cabins on the campsites were reasonable as there were 3 of us sharing the coast, a little bit expensive if you are flying solo, plenty of campsites all the way up though so no need to plan ahead, just go and ride,
We stayed for 3 nights at nordcapp about 25 miles south of the kapp, had awful weather when we arrived and couldn't see a thing when we rode up there for the midnight sun, so we stayed a bit longer for it to clear and finally got to see it without the clouds and rain and force 9 gales, well worth it,
A strange thing happened on the way up though, as we came out of a tunnel onto the nordcapp island all of our sat navs developed a glitch, all 3 garmins, different models went black and the times etc went haywire, all of them suddenly went down to 20% brightness and we had to reset them all, another friend who arrived the following day had the same glitch on his Garmin, twilight zone methinks.
Mmmh sounds like some kind of military shenanigans :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom