Cymarc luggage plate fitted

Nutty

Reaction score
After buying a BMW pillion seat plate, and realizing that it needs building on the bike every time, I wanted something simple that will bolt straight on, in a couple of minutes.

Mark has redesigned the Cymarc luggage plate, so it's now lightweight aluminum, and can be powdercoated black, and without all the laser etching (which isn't my cup of tea :D).

I then measured, and cut up some anti slip (Eazigrip) sheets, then sticking them on using the most OCD measuring techniques, here's the result.

Attachments

• IMG_6398.jpg
    IMG_6398.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_6400.jpg
    IMG_6400.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 820
  • IMG_6401.jpg
    IMG_6401.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 813
  • IMG_6402.jpg
    IMG_6402.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 825
Looks good - in light of all the recent publicity about bikes being stolen, I've been thinking about carrying my very heavy chain and lock to use when the bike is not garaged. As the weight is many kgs, which I'd prefer not to carry in the top box, I'd thought about a luggage plate such as that and carrying the chain in place of the pillion seat where the weight will be of little effect

Nice set up nutty,

is that the rack and hand rails of the adventure ?:thumby:

I'm pleased you got the radius on the anti slip right Nuts and yes, you've done well and I am engorged:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw if you do intend to fit and refit can I suggest a dab of copper grease on the fasteners from time to time just to eradicate any binding on the threads? They do seem to be quite 'dry' on the bike (or at least mine) so I hope it's good advice

Bin the rack and hand rails.... will look even sexier :thumb2

Middle one is wonky

The radius of the curve should be half the width of the strip, thereby allowing you to draw a circle the same width as the strip, that looks to be a little under.

Looks good but shame there is a step up to the rear rack,as if it had been flat it would have made attaching a long roll bag length ways much easier and flatter.

Looks good but shame there is a step up to the rear rack,as if it had been flat it would have made attaching a long roll bag length ways much easier and flatter.

True, but on the flip side, I can put a small Kreiga US10 or 20 on there, and it's not much higher than the pillion seat, so easier to swing your leg over.

And yes, Nuts, try it with the frame off - I think you may find it looks pretty good

Back
Top Bottom