What on earth has happened to Nippy Normans ?? posted here as it was for a LC

Adventure Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ordered a set of Sw Motec engine bars in black for my new Rallye, they turned up unpacked them and they were both the same side !! took 3 days to get an email back as there is no phone number to contact them on, cost me £24 to get the bars back to them (Which in all fairness I did get back) as they didnt have any more in stock, took a further week to get a refund, I went on ebay and saw another pair from Nippy cycles bought them they arrived this morning and guess what ?? yep you guessed it, nippy cycles is in fact nippy Normans and ive got exactly the same set of engine bars back both the same bloody side !!

I do understand they are forum supporters but come on guys this is appalling service and not having a phone number is a joke
not one bit impressed Ive used Nippys before without issue but really wont be using them again

Oh man, I would be raging. That isn't ok and it is very annoying that they don't have a contact number

Just silly really Wileeeeey dont get it how they can make the same mistake twice in 3 weeks they have now got another set advertised so I wonder if they are both the other side ??
Rob

I had similar issues when I ordered a set of headers and got sent an end can :blast I did find a phone number but that proved an interesting experience as he hung up at one point when I said I wanted him to arrange collection of the wrong item. I eventually got the correct part but never did get reimbursed the carriage for sending back the headers :mad: I had dealt with him a few times previously with no issues but in my mind good customer care is how you deal with problems and in this he is seriously lacking :mad::mad:

Absolutely brilliant to deal with as long as the correct part is sent and it is in order, happened with me 4 or 5 times buying kit from him.

Absolute pain in the arse if he has supplied items that has stuff missing or it is not the correct item.

First time was a few years ago and the fixings for a part were wrong (Touratech part )when he had a contact number and after numerous attempts I got a reply and the attitude was basically WTF do you want me to do about it .

Second time was after he got rid of the contact number and after a four of five e mails over a couple of weeks I eventually got a reply by which time I had obtained the replacement parts from elsewhere

I've had a Givi kit with the wrong parts where the original problem was the factory assembling the kit incorrectly. Maybe this happened here?

You'd think if they had this problem they would check any other stock to make sure it has been packed correctly.

Fortunately for me, the Italian retailer & Givi were on the ball and had the correct part to me within a week. Accessorimotostore.

Any company that does not give the paying customer an opportunity to speak with them on a telephone is a red light and warning. Businesses are judged not just when things go right, but how they handle things when things go wrong. Much rather deal with the team at Adventure Bike Shop who will talk to you like a human being and are bikers above all else, not just a faceless and uncontactable B2C distributor like Nippy.

I've always had great service from him and this doesn't seem to be his usual service. Does anybody else have feedback for us all, good or bad?

I've always had great service from him and this doesn't seem to be his usual service. Does anybody else have feedback for us all, good or bad?

I've had quite mixed results. Some quite good but the overall comment would be his communication is very poor.

I've ordered loads of stuff from Nippy over the years, and only had to return one item. He refunded my return postage costs, without quibbling. I remained calm and polite, so maybe that helps.;)

My advice is if you buy from Nippy - use Paypal. At least then you have a quick and easy resolution process if things goes wrong and Nippy chooses not to sort it out!

Must say that I have had mixed experiences with him over the years - just as well he sells very little that will fit a KTM ;)

This number still works, I've just called and the Nipster answered : 01626 830458

Ordered the same bars from NN - had a similar experience - damaged through poor wrapping
Had the same issue a second time ordering the same product for a mate who doesn't do internet.

Would definitely put me off ordering a third set of black SW MOTECH through naughty norman

Was offered a £15 voucher as compensation for the damage.

POOR:mad:

I've ordered loads of stuff from Nippy over the years, and only had to return one item. He refunded my return postage costs, without quibbling. I remained calm and polite, so maybe that helps.;)

Sounds like you are suggesting that others here are not calm or polite?
The problem is, as Fredaroony summises, is that Nippy's communication is very poor. And it is not obvious or easy to communicate with him by telephone as he purposefully withholds his telephone number on his website.

I've had mixed experiences myself, but the positives have outweighed the negatives. The worst was a screen I bought that arrived and it was obviously a return as it had marks from fitting and a mahoosive scratch in it. I got it replaced, but still haven't been refunded my postage to send it back. Also there have been some cases on the R Nine T forum where one person has sent stuff back as not fitting or manufacturing defect, and someone else buying it got the exact same part the other dude returned.

Nutty, didn't you have a bigger problem a while back, I'm sure you had a thread running with a title like Nippy anything but or similar :)

On the whole, it's good service, but if it goes wrong, sometimes things could maybe be handled better.

Found it :)

But all ended well and got resolved, I suppose at the end of the day he's probably a very small operation with limited resources. Flip side, I ordered a Wunderlich cockpit bag for my K1600 and got it next day, and I personally have not an issue since the screen, and he still forgot to refund my postage.

Sounds like you are suggesting that others here are not calm or polite?
The problem is, as Fredaroony summises, is that Nippy's communication is very poor. And it is not obvious or easy to communicate with him by telephone as he purposefully withholds his telephone number on his website.

A certain image does get conjured up sometimes, rightly or wrongly!:D

Thanks guys
Ive had an email from them today this was the content

Rob
Please return to the address on the website with a note and we will refund the cost of the goods and the postage cost.
NN

For the life of me I cant see a sorry in there anywhere I think I may get a cab to deliver it the 134 miles
No mention of the head guards Im waiting on and asked about in the same email and no mention when I asked would it not be easier to just send a correct crash bar either side will do

Ive had it with these guys ill get the bars back to them pay another £24.95 out and wait another month for the refund then just blast them on every web site im a member of
If you cant tell them where they are going wrong to afford them the opportunity to rectify and learn by it, tell everyone else !!

Ok Rant over ill box this crap up again and send it back again !!
Rob

Back
Top Bottom