Thread: Just renewed

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Just renewed

Just renewed with Bennetts underwritten by AXA my 2013 GS TE with standard disk lock, no mods. 5995 miles social and commute, Bike is garaged with £400 excess. I have 8 years no claims. Location Staffordshire. I am 50 years old.

Just basic fully comprehensive, no legal or add on bollox

Price ?

Its very good?

Its really good!

£103.44 of the Queens finest english pounds! (probably does not include panniers - but as only used once a year.. not fussed)

I am a very happy bunny! ------

As I have said before! Visit.. www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk

Next is the car insurance.....

6 weeks or so until mine is due and I have just had a look on that site and was pleasantly surprised with £152 for the XR
    Just a Prospect at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    6 weeks or so until mine is due and I have just had a look on that site and was pleasantly surprised with £152 for the XR
    Give Corn Market Insurance a call on 02890 332111 tell them your reference number on the Bike Insurer website and they will try to beat the lowest quote.

Phil.

Shit! Bennetts letter dropped through the letter box this morning. More than 6 pages of bumph to get my head around.

Dear Sir, your on "auto renew" so we'll be taking £240.34 from you at the end of the month - unless you move smartish to tell us to FRO - 'cos "we understand that may be looking around for the best deal".

No shit Sherlock. You can bet your boots I'll be shopping around. Maybe I'll go compare a few prices in the near future.
    Carpe Diem!

Quote Originally Posted by malcopopolo View Post
    Just renewed with Bennetts underwritten by AXA my 2013 GS TE with standard disk lock, no mods. 5995 miles social and commute, Bike is garaged with £400 excess. I have 8 years no claims. Location Staffordshire. I am 50 years old.

Just basic fully comprehensive, no legal or add on bollox

Price ?

Its very good?

Its really good!

£103.44 of the Queens finest english pounds! (probably does not include panniers - but as only used once a year.. not fussed)

I am a very happy bunny! ------

As I have said before! Visit.. www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk

Next is the car insurance.....
    I am 61, bike is 2003 1150GSA, garaged, Abus Granit disk lock,
    Full comp, married, own home, live in Nantwich, say 9,000mls a year, 90days Euro cover, breakdown, etc with Bennetts Additions and quoted £166 with 1 yr NCB from Bikesure who quoted me £235 renewal.
    No contest at the moment but, I would have liked to have stayed with one company.
    In fact, bikesure quote via bikeinsure was only £214 full comp with £500 excess.

Maybe some of the small print differ in the two quotes but, certainly worth having no conscious of loyalty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A GOAL is an end toward which some specific effort is directed!
    Go forth and prosper!

£103.44 of the Queens finest english pounds!
    That's a couple of quid more than Cornhill has just charged me. However, I took the legal and clothing cover which knotched it up to £138 fully comp. £350 excess. No voluntary excess.

Background: 57yr old, Worcester, 9 yrs NCB, clean driving licence and claims history. 1200 GSA LC 2014 valued at 12k. Garaged.

Because it was done through IAM Surety there is business use and observing included at no extra cost.

2016 TB Last year, £275 inc 0 voluntary excess. £450 mandatory and £2k of clothing cover (most others were £400)

This year. £595...wtf.

Nothing's changed!