Connectors hidden under the SA tail

Moose

Reaction score
Started to remove the charcoal cannister and associated plumbing and valve.

After removing the grab rails/rack and plastic at rear, I discovered various connectors. Some I could identify or guess their use, but there are a couple that I am not sure of. They could be to do with the heated seats, which are on back-order, so I guess I will eventually find out if this is the case.

Can anyone confirm?

I know that the last image shows the ACC1 & ACC2 connectors (very useful), but haven't tested whether both or one is controlled by the ignition.

Attachments

• 20170526_182418_SUPER.jpg
    20170526_182418_SUPER.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 314
  • 20170526_182441_SUPER.jpg
    20170526_182441_SUPER.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 342
  • 20170526_182455_SUPER.jpg
    20170526_182455_SUPER.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 338
mate

the middle photo is for the rear heated seat option.

Cheers

Paddy

Thanks for the replies.

For those that are interested, now that I have finally received my heated ergo seats (back-ordered from bike purchase), I can advise that the white plug in the top image is also part of the heated seat - it connects to the pillion control switch mounted to the RH grab rail.

So nothing to do with the Meta alarm that I thought that it might (e.g. seat reed switch).

PS Don't know if anyone else has this, but if you touch one of the grab rail horns whilst riding, there is a tremendous resonant vibration. Sure way to give white finger to pillions! :blast

What's the benefit of removing the charcoal canister?

What's the benefit of removing the charcoal canister?

Speaking for myself, it's getting the space back under the seat for the tool roll and assorted crap.

I have ordered the removal kit and will be ditching the canister sometime in the next couple of weeks.

IMHO having it at all is utter bollocks - why take so much bother to avoid venting the tank breather pipes to the atmosphere when you get vapour galore every time you fill the thing up at the petrol station :blast

Speaking for myself, it's getting the space back under the seat for the tool roll and assorted crap.

I have ordered the removal kit and will be ditching the canister sometime in the next couple of weeks.

IMHO having it at all is utter bollocks - why take so much bother to avoid venting the tank breather pipes to the atmosphere when you get vapour galore every time you fill the thing up at the petrol station :blast

So it's just for venting fumes? No performance restriction?

I wanted rid of the charcoal cannister so as to have room for the tool kit as well. Kit on order from Rottweiller in the USA, however in the meantime I came across a video on youtube of how to DIY without the kit.

Simply remove the cannister, blow into the pipes, the one with no pressure is the tank vent and that is now rerouted to vent with other vent pipes down by the bottom of the left side of the engine. The pipe recirculating fumes is controlled by a solenoid and feeds back into the intake. As such you don't want to risk it sucking in un filtered air so I've sealed it up with a bolt inserted into the pipe secured with a cable tie.

I can't copy and paste a link in at the moment as work computer won't let me access youtube.

Back
Top Bottom