I could do with some vacuum gauges for throttle bodies , which are the best without s

If you can stretch your budget a bit, have a look at a Harmonizer. Self calibrating, auto-ranging and sampling. The best!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Also, if watching the pennies, look at the Morgan Carbtune.
I've had one for years. Few mechanical parts to go wrong and seems accurate enough. I had one of the very early ones that used mercury! Can't think why they stopped that.:rolleyes:
The one I have now uses stainless steel needles and is very stable with less problems with storage.

If you can stretch your budget a bit, have a look at a Harmonizer. Self calibrating, auto-ranging and sampling. The best!

Where do you find it?

Last i heard the inventor had died, and all remaining parts were assembled into units and sold?

Also, if watching the pennies, look at the Morgan Carbtune.
I've had one for years. Few mechanical parts to go wrong and seems accurate enough. I had one of the very early ones that used mercury! Can't think why they stopped that.:rolleyes:
The one I have now uses stainless steel needles and is very stable with less problems with storage.
I've just done some research....
Unfortunately, Grok (Mark) died last summer. He was the inventor and builder of the Harmonizer. He was a regular contributor to technical forums... I'm genuinely saddened to learn of his death.

If you enjoy working on bikes, and like having tools that are a joy to use, then look out for a used Harmonizer. I guess they'll be even more sought after now.

Sorry, I somehow copied comberjohn's post.... Should have been in response to Santa-2512

I have a Harmonizer listed on ebay at the moment if you are interested.

Looking for a Harmonizer last year with no luck so went and bought the Carbtune.
For me it has worked perfectly and also found it very easy to use.

Get 3m of clear tube, make a big arsed u bend, cable tie to an old piece of timber, half fill tubes with some ATF or light oil.

Done for about $3 and NEVER needs calibrating

I use a TwinMax. It works very well & not costly. Can also be left in place while you ride the bike so you can be sure the balance is correct under load.

Back
Top Bottom