Good Evening, back on a GS.

Larus

Reaction score
As always it's polite to introduce yourself so here's a little about me.

43 years of age, riding for over 10 years, toured a lot, raced a little, done far to many track days, dabbled in off roading on everything from an AG200 to the XT1200Z world crosser & broken to many bones to mention.

Recently purchased a BMW R1200GSA from a forum member, it'll be my second GS after sending one out to the USA & 10,000 miles on it 4 years ago,

Was an impulse purchase to honest after doing an off road training day with adventure bike training up in a Norfolk on the big boy GS's in preparation for my next trip in 3 weeks which is Cape Town to Windhoek including the skeleton coast & Kalahari.

Plan for 2018 is another US based or Soith African based jaunt.

Nicknamed Larus after taking a seagull to the face at a fair pace coming into the foggy esses at Donnington a few years ago.

Jon

Welcome Jon,
some interesting biking heritage you have.
Looking forward to your ride reports.

Thanks for the welcome & the gentle abuse.

On the bike front I've had my fair share off sports bikes as well, RSV4, Ducati 1098s, R1's, GSXr's off different flavours & off course the ubiquitous Firblade which I actually managed to set fire to after 130mph tip off over clayhill at Oulton Park one year.

That little excursion won me a three day trip all expenses paid to Chester's countess ICU, after that I decided to stick with track days & touring.

With the GS I plan on some touring, a weekend scratch & off road / green lane riding up on Salisbury plain, well as much as work allows that is.

Back
Top Bottom