Motor tent?

Why?
I can't see these 'moto tents' as anything but a solution looking for a problem.
Last time I checked, bikes are waterproof (well, unless they're Italian) and I'd rather not sleep with half a ton of GSA a couple of feet from me...
Sure, get a big, heavy unstable tent if you want but why fill all that space with motorbike?

I was camping at Ullapool last year and it blew a b*stard. Someone with a Redverz tent got it shredded and wrapped around the bike he'd parked in it - luckily, he was in the pub. My low, bullet proof Vaude Mk2 with my bike parked a couple of yards away was fine...

The cleanest bikes on the road are adventure bikes. They even try to outdo the HOG brothers for awesomeness.

Except for the paintwork due to UKGSer complaints of poor standards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ever thought it would be easier to unclip the panniers and throw them into the tent vestibule?

I find it fascinating that some are happy for their bikes to get all the motorway crap and rain/shit , yet want to keep them in a tent each night!
Lunacy?

agree 100%!!

Could always save the petrol costs and camp in the garage. Wouldn't need to buy a tent either!

Invite a few mates around for a few beers and a yarn. Bike stays nice and dry. A short walk home. Everyone is a winner!

My advice. Go for the Redverz Atacama. Brilliant

Attachments

• 9EFBF83C-5CE6-40A2-B2ED-D034924208E8.jpg
    9EFBF83C-5CE6-40A2-B2ED-D034924208E8.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 370
I agree with Deleted account Aberdeen GS and would'nt want a bike in a tent with me.

SPCK111......there are must lighter and smaller folding chairs available on the market these days but I suppose everyone has their own favourite!

Regards, Al

As i said above i have the Lone Rider tent which i could get the bike in if i wished but i don't wish.
I have it for my comfort ie. height so i can walk in and out of it and not have to crawl around and once in
i have space to store my stuff and move around plus, i can sit in comfort whilst it's pissing down and prepare
food, read my book, whatever. I could just, no longer get on with a low tent, my knees wouldn't put up with it
also, i can get my kecks on and off without needing to do the shimmy shimmy shake shake thing whilst lying (or sitting) down :D

Me, the bike and the Moto Tent are going to Norway for a month later this year so we'll see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom