Time to favourite showing on display

vRSG60

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I set off to work this morning on the trusty steed and noticed the blue bar across the top had 5:30 minutes on it. The bit after the 5 counting down by the minute.
Got to work and noticed (as I had done previously) quite a few heart shapes at the point on the map where my workplace is. I realised these were favourites and saw a list of 10 or so in my favourites list.
One called "work" I had set , the others numbered 1 to 10.
The display was telling me the time to get to favourite number 5.

Two questions
1) How did the countdown start this morning to get to favourite 5 when I didn't touch anything?
2) How did the numbered favourites get added to my list?

Have you updated the software recently?

(1) I guess there is some setting in your device that instructs it to show time to destination?

(2) Have you created several routes using your place of work 'favourite', which is why it is green and heart shaped? If so, each time you create a route the favourite gets a fresh number.

Software update as per last software update, can't remember when that was .
Software version 3.4

Had a look and nothing set as destination.

No routes on the device from or to work.

Why does a favourite get a fresh number?

Why? To differentiate it from others with the same name.

OK I'll rephrase it, why does it keep adding another favourite? I'd end up with over 300 favourites all in the same place if I used the bike for work every day.

Did it again this morning. It only happens when I'm coming to work.
I've now deleted my "Work" favourite to see what happens next time.

Why do you need your sat have on to get to work?
Do you get lost easily?
Just wondered!

Can you confirm that, when you ride to work you sometimes on setting off, touch the 'work' favourite button and then touch 'Go'.

Yes, you do, it sometimes / often / when you feel like it

Or

No, you don't ever do it, never ever, no sir not me

Can you confirm that, when you ride to work you sometimes on setting off, touch the 'work' favourite button and then touch 'Go'.
No, you don't ever do it, never ever, no sir not me
I never touch the Nav V. It comes on & I leave it. Well I do touch it. I press "view map" to bring the map view up quickly instead of waiting for it to do it itself. I do this every time I set off, not just when I'm coming to work.

Do you see a purple route line on the map at all when riding to work?

Have you, at some time in the past, plotted or created several routes starting from (or ending at) your place of work?

Do you see a purple route line on the map at all when riding to work?

Have you, at some time in the past, plotted or created several routes starting from (or ending at) your place of work?

No to the 1st
Yes to the 2nd. I've used "work" as a start point and set a route to "home" just to test things out. A while ago now. Nearly a year.

Hmmm same thing happened going home. But with "Home" favourite showing my time to home!!!
Could it be something to do with the Garmin Smartlink app?
I'll investigate that.

It's stopped showing the time to favourite now on the blue bar but is still adding a new favourite each time I get to work.
"Travel history" is turned off.

Looks like you are unique with this phenomenon.

Me? I'd return the device to its factory settings (back up any data that you want to save first) and drop the Smart Link thing.

Report back if you do try it.

Something similar has happened to me a few times. What it looks like is the device assuming I am going to a regular destination. Without having input a route or destination the top bar will show the destination(it is a waypoint ) This is always somewhere I go often and happened soon after I set off. Recently I have not noticed this happening so maybe it was a "feature" in an update that was removed in a subsequent version. This happened both on my 390 and our car Garmin. Both appear to have stopped doing it. The ways of Garmin are a mystery to a lot of us!

John

Back
Top Bottom