Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corsica Off on Monday never been there any suggestions?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    'Cos I'm a super kind Hippy I'll add my 3 1/2p's worth..............

a) IMHO the north is nicer than the south (slightly lees developed and more areas off the beaten track)
    b) You'll get nowhere fast as all roads are very twisty and slow (in a good way) ~ allow plenty of time to get anywhere
    c) Assuming our intrepid traveller is on an 'adventure bike' then Corsica has more tracks than you can shake a stick at and was made for such bikes. You won't need a map to find them, they are everywhere. Some are private and some are public but it matters not one jot as everybody uses them, that's how it works there. Just make sure you close gates etc and you'll have no probs.

Have a look HERE for my take on the place.

Oh and Chas, leave our Wappers alone, he's a National Treasure he is

Andres
    Andres,

Jury is out on the national treasure status, surely you want to encourage people to use the club and the forum, elseways it will end up as dead as the BMW club.

I'm on a R90/6 so anything over graded gravel tracks would be interesting. Liked your report.

UKGSer is NOT a club.

Quote Originally Posted by chasbmw View Post
    Andres,

, elseways it will end up as dead as the BMW club.

BMW club's far from dead chap, had over hundred hoteling B/B'ing and camping at Rhino Rally Beddgellert this year about the same as Micky's do in Dent, there's far more going on month by month by way of events, camping weekend's, hotel weekends and europe trips, got a huge rally comming up in August that'll attract 400 - 600 attendees
    Join us for D-Day 75th http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...e-1st-8th-2019

View my flickr site here aviation and bikes, (use arrows on left & right to view)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65081372@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider5258 View Post
    BMW club's far from dead.... got a huge rally comming up in August that'll attract 400 - 600 attendees
    Bugger tapping into Bear's sandwich franchise, how do I get into pipe and slipper supply?

Madam Trixies House of ill repute somewhere on the outskirts of Doncaster
    unless they've improved it I`d stay off the top half of D81 coast road out of Calvi, as it was serious pothole territory when I rode it. heres my mapsource route file https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ip4x0dhgw...rsica.gdb?dl=0
    The route up through the centre from Porto Polo to Bastia takes a lot longer than I expected

On the North west coast, the road North from Porto will take a longer time than other roads - sheer drops - coaches trying to squeeze pass each other - goats on the road - twist after twist but there is a camp site that it is a long way along there that is just about signposted down towards the sea. It says two kms but is nearer 5km. A twisty road - dirt and dust and then a buttock clenching right turn up a precipice aka drive into the site. There you will meet Felix who runs the place. He has bar like something out of the wild west - six guns stetsons and posters signed by Clint Eastwood dedicated to my friend Felix. Hot baguettes croissants tea and coffee in the morning from Felix makes it all worthwhile. He does not speak English until he wants to.

Hope he is still there.

I was in Corsica last year. First tour ever, but will just give you some pointers.

1. On the ferry, take something to put on your seat when they strap the bikes down, they don't seem to be as concerned about your bike as other ferries!

2. Its bloody hot, was 36 when I was there, was in July.

3. If you ride through any forest roads, be aware of the wild pigs in the road.

Enjoy mate, I did!!!!

Thanks for all your advice,

it's the BMW club forum that's dead, not the club itself!

Got the bike packed tonight, decided that I'm not cooking food this year, coffee only, that's saved a couple of kilos, I swear that these bikes get heavier and heavier every year.

Blog Entries
    A mighty fine looking steed you have there Chas.

You'll love Corsica! Ive been twice and would go tomorrow in a heart beat.

There's hardly a straight road on the island so if you're calculating time and distance remember that your average speed will be way way down. I didn't stay at camp sites so can't help you there, but it's a great place for motorcycling. Enjoy ..

I'm leaving Corsica tomorrow, it's been a pretty good trip and I agree with all your advice. The trip was slightly marred by a recalcitrant bike, first of all surging off a closed throttle, they really poor throttle coming off the closed position.

Only found the cause a couple of days ago, the Main jet/ needle jet stack wasn't screwed in properly with the result that one cylinder was running grossly rich. All well now, I was starting to wonder if this was going to end in a recovery.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    just in case someone will need a bike rental on Corsica, check this source: https://bikesbooking.com/en/rent-a-m...cle-in-Corsica

The OP’s been and gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12