Thread: Too tall for a Versys 650?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Too tall for a Versys 650?

I'm thinking of changing my F800GSA for a Versys 650 Grand Tourer. I'm 6'5" tall, and 15 stone. Just wondering if I'll regret it and feel cramped when I've had it a while. Would appreciate advice from any tall Versys owners.

Have a look son:

http://cycle-ergo.com/

Thats useful It amazes me how much useful info on this site (and crap unfortunately )

Thanks for the link. Would still be good to hear from anyone of similar height who has either got one, or had one.

You could always try the Versys 1000. Plenty of room & a stonking engine, if you like a 4.

I wonder, what is you budget?

I traded "down" from a 1200GS to an 800GSA, as I wanted something lighter and cheaper. I don't need a bike that retails at £15k new.
    Smaller engine seems to also mean physically smaller bike, which is the last thing I need if I want to avoid feeling as if I'm riding a child's bicycle. The Versys 650 is relatively tall (840mm seat height) and gets brilliant reviews. I am tempted, but once the initial novelty of a new (to me) bike has worn off, will I be left wishing I'd gone bigger?

The VStrom 650 is a much more spacious middleweight.

Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkShelley View Post
    The VStrom 650 is a much more spacious middleweight.
    As Mark says, 650 shares the same frame as the 1000..
    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    As Mark says, 650 shares the same frame as the 1000..
    http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...lo-V-Strom-650

Have you tried a Tracer 900? Whilst finish may not be the best, the price is right & the engine is a peach. If you don't fancy the 900, an old ex-racer mate of mine swears by his MT07, just for it's accessible perfomance in every day riding. Rumour has it an Adventure version is on it's way - see T7 in Bike mag this month.