Stuck rear axle F800GS?

Mottom

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking around here for a while, now that i have a question/issue i thought it was time for my first post.

Now then, upon trying to remove the rear wheel on my (new to me) F800GS it appears the rear axle is stuck. I've had a good go at it with a rubber mallet but its not budging.

I've done a search and couldn't find anything.

Any one had this problem before? Any help/tips will be greatly received!

Many thanks.

Hi all,

I've been lurking around here for a while, now that i have a question/issue i thought it was time for my first post.

Now then, upon trying to remove the rear wheel on my (new to me) F800GS it appears the rear axle is stuck. I've had a good go at it with a rubber mallet but its not budging.

I've done a search and couldn't find anything.

Any one had this problem before? Any help/tips will be greatly received!

Many thanks.

Screw the nut back on to protect the threads and give it a tap or two with a heavier hammer it if still does not move it will be rusted to one of the wheel bearings so loads of releasing oil leave over night tap it again and if it still wont budge a bit of heat and another tap or two after that you will be looking at using pullers slide hammer or maybe even a press

More likely the spindle is seized into one of the spacers......poor maintenance :D

Cheers guys, left it to soak all afternoon and it freed up eventually! 🙂

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Plenty of grease was applied on reassembly... Trust me!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom