does anybody know where I can find the original settings for my carb?

Rob Farmer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I need to know the original settings for my carb (needle clip position - jet sizes etc) the huge manual that came with my bike is next to useless

Bikes a 2003 FXDX

:thumb2

I need to know the original settings for my carb (needle clip position - jet sizes etc) the huge manual that came with my bike is next to useless

Bikes a 2003 FXDX

:thumb2

Manuals don't give that info. I *think* my tuning manuals do, which I can check when I'm back in the Office next week. However, I'm not sure needle height is adjustable. New "standard" mains from Harley are about £9, pilots the same.

(edit) Just checked around and the consensus is 45pilot/190main

Cheers Doris,

Mine was running really rich. Somebody had put the needle on the fourth notch and then put three washers under, they'd also fitted 195 main jet . The bike has a Supertrap Supermegs exhaust and K&N filter

I took the washers out from under the needle and took it along to SPR at Ruddington. £80 later and its running a treat.

Not bothered about tuning it just wanted it to run as well as it could. 77 Bhp and 85 ft lbs after we dropped the main jet down to a 180. its much crisper and runs a treat. Ive dropped the needle a notch after the last run so it sould be a little leaner on the mid range
FXDX%20Dyno%20run%20on%2013th%20June%202017_zpsqwpxbkuk.jpg

Hi Rob,

I explored the carb on mine last week, its a CV type. Mine was spitting a lot when cold and at low rpm (turned out to be the pilot jet blocked through years of standing about), but also smelt very rich. I have a 195 main in mine and the needle is on the 3rd notch with 3 washers on top, i moved 1 washer below thinking it might help with the spitting at low revs but now seems like the pilot jet was the main cause of the spitting back so its running even richer now, i'll move the needle back down to lean off the midrange.

Back
Top Bottom