R1200RT '17 vibrations in fourth gear at about 3200rpm.

GvG

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Got my new R1200RT LC '17 last Friday, and I experienced a bit of a vibration/thrumming, meanly in fourth gear at about 3200 rpm.

If I could make an analogy to a chain driven bike, 4th feels like the chain and cogs are worn such that when the tight spots in the chain meet the high points in the sprockets I get the "thrum", maybe every 0.5s at 70km/hr......
Maybe it gets better with more milage :nenau

Anyone had the same issue?

My RT doesn't seem to have that problem, perhaps the 600mile service would sort it out?

Don't potter around at 3200 revs you could glaze the bores, which leads to heavy oil consumption

Nothing like posting the same question on two forums. Just go to the dealer, its clearly not right. Or, yes they all do that sir, but mine doesn't

Is there a law against asking a different group of people the same question then?
Must have missed it in the forum rules

Is there a law against asking a different group of people the same question then?
Must have missed it in the forum rules

No law but most seem to be on the same forums. If this is a common problem haven't seen loads of posts about it. So as the advice on the other forum, take the bike back to the dealer and get their take on it.

No its not right. Mine is smooth all the way through the rev range and gears

Back
Top Bottom