Hex EzCan & Denali Soundbomb

FBF

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have both of these bits of kit but haven't a scooby on how to connect the two of them together.

Any advice and a wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated.

Twisted Throttle sell this adaptor cable but there are no instructions on their website.

It appears to be nothing more than a length of twin core cable with a couple of spare connectors which I could cobble together myself for a pennies.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-soundbomb-horn-adapter-for-hex-ezcan

Once you have plugged the EZcan in and set it up on the pc, just connect the Denali to the selected output connector on the EZcan. No additional relay or power supply from the battery required just go positive to positive and negative to negative. Simples.

Have a search on here too... there are several threads on the EZcan. Hope this helps

I have both of these bits of kit but haven't a scooby on how to connect the two of them together.

Any advice and a wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated.

Twisted Throttle sell this adaptor cable but there are no instructions on their website.

It appears to be nothing more than a length of twin core cable with a couple of spare connectors which I could cobble together myself for a pennies.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-soundbomb-horn-adapter-for-hex-ezcan

I think the cable is supposed to allow you to tap into the existing horn connection without cutting or tapping any wires, though I did mine by soldering a 2 pin waterproof connector to the existing horn cable. You can then use that connection to operate a relay which in turn will connect a high power source to the Soundbomb. For example in my case I supply the Soundbomb from a fused supply in a Fuzeblock in the rear compartment and have located the relay under the passenger seat.

If you have an EZCan then I believe that you don't need to tap into the horn connection or use a relay, though I don't have one so I'm not totally sure about this. From what I have read you can just program the EZCan to detect when you press the horn button and to then activate a power supply output which you connect directly to the Soundbomb. Of course that is so easy it is almost cheating, so I've done it the hard way! :)

Once you have plugged the EZcan in and set it up on the pc, just connect the Denali to the selected output connector on the EZcan. No additional relay or power supply from the battery required just go positive to positive and negative to negative. Simples.

Have a search on here too... there are several threads on the EZcan. Hope this helps

In my haste to post I forgot to mention that a dealer installed the soundbomb before I received the EzCan but it does not work properly.

When ignition is switched on the horn will give a short blast then cease to function until the ignition is switched off and on and suspect the canbus is tripping out.

Will I need to remove the relay and any wiring before I connect the horn to the EzCan or can I leave it in situ.

In my haste to post I forgot to mention that a dealer installed the soundbomb before I received the EzCan but it does not work properly.

When ignition is switched on the horn will give a short blast then cease to function until the ignition is switched off and on and suspect the canbus is tripping out.

Will I need to remove the relay and any wiring before I connect the horn to the EzCan or can I leave it in situ.

Yes... the EZcan is the relay. As it connects to the canbus there is no need for any separate switches or power supply. Just set which output connector is going to be for the horn on the EZcan (using the pc) and just wire it in.

This is my short vlog on it... https://youtu.be/yVIXikwS9N0. I see you are located in London.. not a million miles away from J8 M25 if you need any help.

Many thanks for the advice.

Hopefully I will get it all working tomorrow when I wire up the horn to the EzCan.

Conecting directly to EzCan seems much simpler than using relay.

It sounds like your dealer has either connected the new horn directly to the wiring of the original one, either as well as the original, or to replace it. If both are connected this would likely more than double the load on the horn circuit and trigger the Canbus shutdown you describe. If if the Soundbomb replaced the original, it is more powerful and therefore likely to take more current, so could still trigger the circuit shutdown.

I would suggest that if you connect the Soundbomb via the EZCan, then you leave the original horn in position and find a new location for the new one. This means you have both horns working which is louder, and also means you have some redundancy, so will still have a working horn if one fails. From what I have read the aftermarket horns don't have a great reputation for reliability.

I left my original horn in place and found a location for the Soundbomb inside the left side of the front fairing.

I just installed the soundbomb in place of original horn.

Couldn't be easier, just run a wire from EZCAN, red to positive, black to negative.

Both Denali lights running off one channel on EZCAN, much better and leaves two spare channels.

I just installed the soundbomb in place of original horn.

Couldn't be easier, just run a wire from EZCAN, red to positive, black to negative.

Both Denali lights running off one channel on EZCAN, much better and leaves two spare channels.

Yep... +1 on the above

Ok, can I install Dinali lights and a Soundbomb on my K1600 using this system?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ok, can I install Dinali lights and a Soundbomb on my K1600 using this system?

Just double checked the Hex EZcan website and yes, they now do one for the K1600. So, to answer the question, yes you could. :beerjug:

Just double checked the Hex EZcan website and yes, they now do one for the K1600. So, to answer the question, yes you could. :beerjug:
Many thanks! I think this has just saved me a fortune as BMW told me the only way to fit aux led lights to my 1600 without voiding the warranty was to have the GTL left hand switch cluster fitted which has an additional switch on it for aux lights and have them install the lights too...nearly 800 quids ffs!!!

Many thanks! I think this has just saved me a fortune as BMW told me the only way to fit aux led lights to my 1600 without voiding the warranty was to have the GTL left hand switch cluster fitted which has an additional switch on it for aux lights and have them install the lights too...nearly 800 quids ffs!!!

So it seems a new horn and lights are now feasible

I’m in a similar position to the OP. I plan to leave the OEM horn in situ and connect the soundbomb direct to the ezcan. A couple of questions though:

1. Will Both horns work in tandem off the horn button?
2. Will I need to use a specific grade of cable to connect the soundbomb due to its high amperage?

Thanks in advance.

I’m in a similar position to the OP. I plan to leave the OEM horn in situ and connect the soundbomb direct to the ezcan. A couple of questions though:

1. Will Both horns work in tandem off the horn button?
2. Will I need to use a specific grade of cable to connect the soundbomb due to its high amperage?

Thanks in advance.

1. I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t work. The horn button just sends a message to the OEM plug so it should work independently to the soundbomb connected to the EZcan.

2. I used good old Halfords off the shelf cable and have had no issues. I’d say make sure it will take the minimum at the very least.

:beerjug:

1. I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t work. The horn button just sends a message to the OEM plug so it should work independently to the soundbomb connected to the EZcan.

2. I used good old Halfords off the shelf cable and have had no issues. I’d say make sure it will take the minimum at the very least.

:beerjug:

Thanks for that; Sounds good to me. I should say that the ezcan is still in its wrapper and the soundbomb and Denali lights have just been ordered from Nippy’s. I think I’ve ordered the kit the wrong way round though. Had I known I was going to buy Denali kit I would have gone for the Denali smartcan which comes with a harness for each channel so no splicing wires/connectors together. You live and you learn! ��

Back
Top Bottom