Thread: Morning Gents

Morning Gents

I've not been a Beemer owner that long, I bought a RT1200 a couple of months back predominantly for touring with the missus. Ive been out on it three times and every time I'm getting a shit load of pain in my hips and groin, the last time we were out we did just over 250 miles and my hips were still hurting two days later.

I've tried the seat on high and low settings and I have also got the foot peg lowering kit fitted and still no joy, I'm thinking the seat is just too wide.

We are going into Europe in two weeks time and I'm seriously having second thoughts about my choice of steed.

I'm going to look at a K1300 GT at my local Beemer dealer to see if we can sort a deal out.

I'm just looking for a bit of advice on the bikes. Have any of you guys made the same switch, is the riding position any different? Are there any things I should be looking for etc.

Any advice or comments very welcome.

Cheers

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Test ride one and decide for yourself.

PS The noun 'steed' must always be proceeded by the adjective, 'awesome'.

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
    Any advice or comments very welcome.

Cheers
    The frequent use of the unimaginative word "beemer" isn't a good start..
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

We are going into Europe in two weeks time... Are there any things I should be looking for etc.
    Foreign people, the Feast of the Black Madonna and a small cafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    The frequent use of the unimaginative word "beemer" isn't a good start..
    Soz pal, used to riding my KTM didn't think you'd be that touchy

Have you sold the RT yet and got the K

No matey, not pursuing that option now. The bike wasn't that appealing. Maybe getting a newer RT or a seat overhaul???