Prompt to recalculate and the thumb wheel

GarryM

Reaction score
I have just started to use the Nav V with auto-recalculate off. Is there a way of using the thumb wheel to answer the question that appears on screen to either recalculate or not - or do you have to touch the screen? I tried something (I can't think what) with the wheel and it just stopped my route altogether.

I'd just let it it recalculate, it announces when its doing so which lets you know you have gone off route ?

Thanks - that's what I've always done but I was going to try the other option of not recalculating to ensure my route is retained. I don't want to touch the screen on the move and the message that appears pretty much fills the screen so I can't then see anything else. I guess the answer is to set it to either recalculate or not and avoid the prompt altogether. Would be nice to have the choice though if I could cancel the prompt message with a quick tap of the thumb wheel.

Don't you get 3 options you can set?

1. Auto Recalculate.
2. Do not recalculate but prompt
3. Do not recalculate.

Or have I got that wrong?

You are correct. I can see option 1 and 3 is straightforward. Option 2 throws up a message which fills the screen asking if you want to recalculate and you have to touch 'yes' or 'no'.

A bit like the screen that says Bluetooth device had been disconnected if I turn my Sena off, yes I know I turned it off!! Then I need to touch the screen twice to get rid of 2 messages about something I already know!

Back
Top Bottom