1290 SA-S Fuel Filter problem

Villanjc

Reaction score
Anyone else experienced this yet.

The bike bogging down at 5000 rpm.

Crescent said its a known issue and they have already done a few. I am booked in for the uprated replacement part next week!

Mines been fine. Are they going to issue a recall?

Yes mate, I believe they are. Its a tank drain, replace filter with NEW part, tank fill up, good to go with the fix!

Crescent are also replacing my rusty rear brake carrier :)

Ok, cool. I'll drop my dealer an email. :thumb

I thought the issue was the pump. Crescent tested mine last week and said it was within parameters.

I asked my dealer and was told filter too ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On Advrider there is anecdotal commentary of residue left in tank from the (third party) manufacturing process blocking the filter, hence need to drain tank, flush, replace filter etc. Now dealers are aware this should be addressed pre-delivery going forward (hopefully).

On Advrider there is anecdotal commentary of residue left in tank from the (third party) manufacturing process blocking the filter, hence need to drain tank, flush, replace filter etc. Now dealers are aware this should be addressed pre-delivery going forward (hopefully).

Exactly right. This is what has happened!

I wrote to KTM GB HQ a week ago about a fuel tank leak on my 690 Duke which despite being on its third tank they haven't cured.

Local dealer told me they'd never had any similar issues so I was very disappointed when I read a forum thread which showed the issue has been going on a long time and lots of 690 Dukes have the same problem.

After reading the thread I fixed it myself but because it's so new didn't think I should have to

I emailed my dealer, as I'm off to Italy next month (still undecided which bike to take), and they said that it's only on new bikes, under 2/300 miles. Then, after reading of a few failures after 2000 miles on AdvRider, the dealer has offered to replace mine before I go.:thumb

I emailed my dealer, as I'm off to Italy next month (still undecided which bike to take), and they said that it's only on new bikes, under 2/300 miles. Then, after reading of a few failures after 2000 miles on AdvRider, the dealer has offered to replace mine before I go.:thumb

Good result, who is your dealer?
Take the KTM mate, I did the Pyrenees last year on a GS and this year on the KTM. This year was sooo much more fun!

Good result, who is your dealer?
Take the KTM mate, I did the Pyrenees last year on a GS and this year on the KTM. This year was sooo much more fun!

Premier in Abingdon. Great bunch of guys.:thumb

Hi Nutty
Did you get the filters changed if so did they need doing, Just wondering as my bike must be the same batch as yours.?
Ridden 1500 miles and no issues but off on a trip soon.

Thanks Paddy

Hi Nutty
Did you get the filters changed if so did they need doing, Just wondering as my bike must be the same batch as yours.?
Ridden 1500 miles and no issues but off on a trip soon.

Thanks Paddy

Had the fuel filter done today, under warranty. I didn't have any issues, but wanted it done before my upcoming trip.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom